Chapter 272

Matt's POV

Once we picked our meals, I looked at Gabby to see if she wanted to share an appetizer. "Want to share a Caesar Salad or something? It's already 7 and I am quite hungry after all of our exercise." She turned to look at me and smirked. "Okay, we definitely need to stop. Matt, we are parents now. I get we are also newlyweds but...we are a mom and dad first."

I nodded and smiled. "I promise, just relaxing now. It was just nice to be with you I guess. It was our first real time alone since that night." Gabby nodded and smiled while grabbing my hand. "Maybe before we go to bed tonight....we can just relax. But I am just telling you right now...you, Matteo and Antonio are going to be spending the morning together."

I looked at her confused. "You going somewhere?" She sighed and looked at me. "I wanted to talk to you about this but...I was going to book myself an appointment at the Spa. I know this is our honeymoon/a family vacation and we should do stuff together but...." I interrupted her and smiled, loving the idea. "Say no more, you need it. I will work it out with Antonio."

Gabby smiled as she went to kiss my hand. "This vacation is not just our honeymoon but a way for me to relax after all the stuff that happened in Chicago. This will help me, I promise." I nodded and smiled. "Me and Antonio can hit the gym maybe while Matteo sits in his stroller." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Antonio would love that. You should start going to his gym."

I then thought about it. "You want me to start going to his gym to box with him don't you?" Gabby nodded and smiled. "C'mon, you need to have more friends than just our firehouse friends." I sighed and looked at her. "Here's the problem, I see Antonio less as a friend than a brother/surrogate father-in-law." Gabby the nodded, thinking about it. "He is really protective." I sighed. "I mean, I love your brother and he is great but...our relationship needs to readjust." Gabby got confused. "Care to explain?"