What do you Mean?

Matt's POV

As I mentioned that it is only going to get harder to leave Matteo, I wondered whether Gabby was going to be confused as to why I said that. And, I was right....she was confused. What I was referring to was when Gabby decided to go back to work. I want to get her ready for that because she is going to be feeling that way without a doubt. Matteo is our miracle baby and she is not going to want to leave him with just anybody.

"What I mean is that, eventually...when you go back to work, it is going to be hard to leave Matteo alone with someone." Gabby nodded at me before moving to sit on the bed again, getting under the covers. Deciding to join her, I moved to my side of the bed and sat down facing her before grabbing her hand. "I just don't want you to be surprised and unprepared for that day. Maybe, when we are home...we can start doing stuff together without Matteo?"

Gabby shook her head. "I am not ready for that yet. Matt, you have to remember...when we get back to Chicago, I am going to be traumatized. I still am traumatized. I agreed to this trip because we wanted to get away and recover from the trauma I suffered over the past week." Gabby started to calm down. "I didn't want to say anything but Matt, you haven't asked me once since we got here how I was doing. How I'm feeling after all that went down."

I looked at her and then sighed. "I didn't know whether you wanted to talk about it or not?" Gabby just looked at me and then went to grab my hand. "Matt, I want to talk about it because as much as our friends are going to try and not talk about it to us, they are going to have questions and are going to want answers. In order to talk to them, I need to get myself ready. But, how can I get myself ready when I can't even speak about it with you Matt?"