Chapter 321

Gabby's POV

After 10 minutes, I finally saw Matt come out of the room. I wondered what in the world he and my dad talked about because he was in there for a long time. When he came out, I saw that he was smiling and I wondered why. I smiled when he walked up to me and then moved to wrap my arm around him. "How did it go?" Matt smiled as he moved to hold me close. "We cleared the air. I told him that I didn't know you were pregnant. I told him why we divorced. I told him everything so now, I think he understands and isn't mad at me anymore."

I rubbed his arm as he said that before leaning my forehead against his chin. I then felt his lips on my forehead before looking up at him. "He also confessed to me. Gabby, he told me that he started the fire to get back at me because he was mad. He's the one that started the fire at our apartment." I stared at him, shocked. Not because it was him but because I knew deep down it was him. "I told him that you were there in the building with me. I wanted that memory to live with him forever. Him killing his daughter and grandson in a fire."

I nodded, agreeing with him there. "We also talked about that day where you hurt you. How I felt, what it was like for me to see you on the ground. I am pretty sure he regrets everything he did now. So, if you want to try and rebuild a relationship with your father...I am going to support you. However, I don't want him to meet Matteo. Not yet. Just let me know what you choose to do. But, let's keep Matteo out of this because he never wanted you to have kids. I still want to punish him a bit. I'm not going to see him and I don't want Matteo to see him, you go ahead."

I smiled when he said that. "I am not going to see him but...I might start calling him eventually. I am not ready yet. Right now, all I want is my man to bring me back to the hospital. Antonio is there and I want to be there for Laura." Matt nodded and smiled as he moved to kiss my forehead. "Let's go okay? I think there's a babysitting service there we can leave Matteo with while we sit with Laura and Antonio for a while." I nodded and smiled, ready to go back.