Chapter 276

Matt's POV

As I mentioned Gabby's father, I could see something change in her mood. This vacation was supposed to be something we use as an escape from the drama in Chicago. I knew I screwed up the moment I said that because she got mad. "I'm going to the washroom." Gabby got up and was about to leave when I reached for her hand. "Gabby..." She just looked at me. "We came down here to get away from this stress! Why are you bringing it up?" 

I shook my head and sighed. "I don't know. I guess, I am just worried about you." Gabby nodded and then went to sit down again. "Matt, can you do something for me? Just don't mention him! Ignore my father ever existed. Sure, he caused us problems and we got passed it." I looked at her and sighed. "Then why did I hear you yell in the middle of the night last night?" Gabby just stared at me, not knowing that I was awake.

Gabby gulped and then went to grab my hand. "You heard that?" I nodded before rubbing her hand. "Gabby, I get you don't want to talk about him. I get that but...I wanted to bring it up here so that you didn't explode. That way we can talk about it." Gabby nodded before pulling her hand away and going back to her food. I then went to ask her..."Did I make a mistake in doing that or is it okay that I brought it up here?"

Gabby looked at me and then sighed. "Right now Matt, I don't want to think about our drama. I am here, on a date with my husband...on our honeymoon. Matt, my dad obviously did not plea which is going to mean that there is going to be a trial. My dad is too stubborn to admit that he did something wrong and there will be a trial. So right now, I would like to not think about the fact that I am going to have to testify against my father."

I sighed. "It bothering you so much that you haven't told me about it yet?" Gabby then nodded. "Listen, let's just eat and then later...when we are back in the room, we can talk about it. I don't want to think about anything other than the food and us just reconnecting. So listen, how about you fill me in about what I missed in the last 12 months since I was last here. How are Severide and Stella doing? I didn't text her that much when I was in Puerto Rico." 

I nodded, and decided to save the conversation for later when we are alone...smiling because we are back to normal. That's when I saw the waiter. "How about we get that drink we forgot to order okay? We said we were going to have wine, let's have it as we eat." Gabby nodded and smiled. The waiter then walked over to us and smiled as I ordered. "Can you get us a bottle and two glasses of your best red wine?" The waiter smiled. "Of course Mr. Casey." He then walked away to get us our wine while me and Gabby went back to eating supper.