We Need to Talk About It

Gabby's POV

After exploding on Matt like that, I felt horrible. I decided to take a few deep breaths before we continued because this was not how I wanted to speak with Matt. If our marriage was going to survive this time, we need to work on our communication skills and really talk with one another instead of at one another. After calming down, I looked at Matt.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to blow up on your like that." Matt just nodded and rubbed my hand. "It's okay, that must mean you are quite frustrated about it." I nodded and sighed. "Not just that, but I am scared. Scared we will make the same mistakes as in the past and end up splitting up." Matt shook his head and then smiled at me. "That is not happening, we are going to work."

I smiled and looked at him before moving closer to him. Wrapping my arms around him while slipping my legs in between his, I smiled as we held each other close. "Then we are going to have to make an effort this time around. Well, I am. You have to admit that...after we lost Louie, I basically gave up on us and just started to think about myself."

Matt sighed and nodded. "That destroyed us. Well, that and me going behind your back to try and start the adoption process again." I nodded and then moved to rub his arm which was now firmly around my waist. I felt his lips on my forehead and smiled. "Seems like we can't keep the past in the past can we?" I sighed. "Not when we need to address it so we can work this time."

Matt smiled and then rubbed my arm again when I heard my stomach make a noise. I then started to realize that maybe us talking on an empty stomach was not the best idea. "Listen, before we talk about it...I am starting to get hungry. How about me and you take a breather and go down to the buffet for lunch? We can keep Matteo against your chest."

Matt smiled, liking that idea. "Then we come back here." I nodded and smiled as I kissed his cheek, ready to go have a nice lunch with him and Matteo.