Beach Day Rescue Part 2

Gabby's POV

After one of the firemen came to get me to help, I walked over to Matt with Matteo before passing him off to another paramedic. "You hurt him, I hurt you!" They nodded, scared of me. I then walked over to Matt with his shirt and gave it to him. "Here, put this on." He just looked at me and shook his head. "If I move my hand, he's..." I just nodded.

Moving to look underneath, I looked at the guy. "What's his name?" Matt replied quickly. "Carson." I then turned to look at the paramedic. "I need gauze and medical tape as well as the backboard. Do not move this car until he's out in case there's bleeding." They decided to let us take over because we were working as a team.

That's when Matt spoke to me. "Gabby, we may have a problem. Get him a new pair of clothes to wear ASAP. The car just started leaking and the heat may not help." Carson then got scared. "What?" We both looked at him. "Relax buddy, it's okay. We're here." He just shook his head and nodded. "Do you have a son?" 

Me and Matt both looked at each other and nodded. Matt spoke up for us. "We have a newborn son. He's a month old. His name is Matteo. Trust me, I am not going to let your parents loose you. I promise bud. Now, how about you take some deep breaths?" He nodded and took some breaths. That's when we heard the fire captain walk up.

"Guys, we need to move the car into the ocean more. Then, we need you all to run. The gas is started to come out more. I need you both to leave the scene as you are not part of our unit." Me and Matt just looked at each other. "No, we got here first. We need to see this through. Now, don't stop trying. Matt, any ideas on how to stop the gas?"

Matt looked at him and then asked about the hose. "Get a hose and put it underneath the dripping. It should bring it away. The hole in the bottom doesn't look too big and it's a slow drip." The captain just looked at us. "Didn't think of that. We're on it." I then realized something. The tires are still spinning. "Can someone also shut the gas off? That's probably not the best way for us to stop the gas from coming out."

Chief Davis agreed and went to shut off the car, having realized that should've been one of the first things done. We then continued to save the boy together, not caring we were technically on our honeymoon.