Chapter 242

Matt's POV

After finishing up in the washroom, I came out to see Gabby holding Matteo close to her in bed and covering them both up with the sheets. I then smiled, knowing how much she liked to hold Matteo in her arms. Though we haven't ever slept with him in our arms overnight....I wondered if she was thinking about it since she was starting to doze off. I decided to walk over to her and shut off the lamp on her side table. I quickly checked on Matteo when Gabby woke up.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I looked at her and smiled. "I saw you were asleep. I thought Matteo could sleep on your chest so I didn't wake you up." Gabby looked at me and shook her head. "No thanks, I would rather him be in the crib. That way I can cuddle up to your side. You know that Matt. That is never going to change." I nodded before moving to kiss her forehead. "You already burp him or do I need to do that for you?" She looked at me. "You need to."

I nodded and then went to grab Matteo. "Just give me a minute then I will join you in bed." She smiled at me and nodded while slipping over in bed a bit so that, when I came to join her, I could do it quite easily. I also knew that meant that she wanted to sleep in my arms, which was not that unusual, since she did so every night. Once I finished burping Matteo, I went to lay him down in his crib. I smiled at him before walking over to Gabby. "God, he is such an easy baby."

Gabby nodded and smiled. "He must have gotten it from your side of the family because...as far as I know, I was not an easy baby. But, then again, latinas are never easy babies because we are crazy." I chuckled and nodded before moving to get back into bed with her. Moving to wrap my arm around her, I smiled as she cuddled up to my side before laying her head down on my shoulder. I then put my hand on her arm and kissed her forehead. "I love you."

Gabby smiled when I said that and then looked up at me. "I love you too. Let's promise to sleep in tomorrow. Breakfast at the restaurant downstairs though. I looked at the buffet menu and it looks delicious. Eggs, French toast, fresh waffles and pancakes. All delicious stuff that I want to enjoy if we can. By the way, thanks for picking an all-inclusive hotel. Just makes it a lot easier." I nodded and smiled before kissing her softly. "We keeping him tomorrow?" 

Gabby looked at me and then thought about it. "You really want to try and use the babysitting service here at the hotel when we are just going to be at the pool?"