Future Firefighter in the House Part 5

Matt's POV

As me and Gabby made our way to the common room, I smiled as I walked in carrying Matteo in my arms. That's when I saw that Stella was sitting in my chair. Gabby spoke up to get her friend out of my chair. "Hey Stella, can you let the captain sit in his chair?" She turned to look at us and smiled while getting up. "Well of course." I smiled when she got up before moving to sit with Matteo on my chest, kissing his head. 

Stella then walked over to Gabby and moved to hug her. "Girl, how have you already lost so much baby weight. You were much bigger in the hospital." Gabby smiled. "Called breastfeeding and moving to a new place twice in the past month. Just need to loose a few more pounds then I am all good." I turned to look at her. "Can you please change the need to want? You are beautiful the way you are Gabby."

Gabby smiled at me before looking at Severide. "Hey Severide, you are in my chair." Severide looked at him. "Gabby, what are you talking about?" She just looked at him. "That's the Captain's chair and I'm the captain's wife...I get to sit next to him." I turned to look at my friend. "Dude, just move. Matteo is right here and we are here for just a little bit."

Severide eventually moved and smiled at us, letting Gabby sit down in her chair. I then turned to look at Boden who just joined us. "So, how many fires since I've been gone? You know other than the one that took our apartment." They all looked at me and smiled as we just started to talk as if nothing had changed. But everything had changed. Me and Gabby were now married again and we had Matteo.