She's Giving up her Dream?

Antonio's POV

When I heard Matt say that Gabby was giving up her dream, I was confused. I thought her dream was to have a family with Matt. She has that. What other dream could she have that she is giving up? I mean, she must be able to have both. She has everything she ever wanted. Doesn't she? I decided to ask Matt what he meant by that. "What do you mean she's giving up her dream?"

He turned to look at me and sighed. "Gabby's dream is to be a firefighter. She did great at the academy and loved it. She only quit because we got pregnant and then, she went back on truck afterwards. Now, I am worried...is she going to be okay with just being a paramedic? Maybe I should try and get my paramedic's license. Might open up more options."

I thought about that and smiled. "So, you would become the paramedic while she would be the firefighter? That's interesting and something I never thought I'd see you offer to do." Matt nodded. "Honestly, I am always in awe at how hard Gabby works. I mean, she holds people's lives in her hands while trying to get them to the hospital. One day, I want to go on a ride along. That's something I regret from our first relationship. I never rode along with her."

I smiled at him. "Gabby would probably love that. You know, you guys could probably ask your chief if she could be PIC and you could transfer to the ambulance? I mean, how hard could it be." That's when we heard Gabby walk back into the gym, not realizing how long we've already been. "It's harder than you think. There's a lot of training involved."