Overwhelmed Part 2

Gabby's POV

As Matt comforted me in his bunk, I felt his hand on my back. We were just sitting there and looking at Matteo as I tried to calm down. That's when I felt his lips on my forehead. "I'm sorry about bringing you here. Maybe this was the wrong time." I turned my head when he said that and sighed. "It was going to have to happen eventually. It's weird that I wasn't overwhelmed when they came to our place."

Matt nodded at me before rubbing Matteo's cheek. "That's because it's a place you know and are comfortable in. Sure, you may know this place but...you haven't been here in over a year and you aren't comfortable here yet." I nodded while turning my head and looking at him. I moved to kiss him softly and sighed. "Think maybe you can stay by my side this time?"

Matt nodded. "That probably would've helped. Here, let's go see if everybody is in the common room again and we can take it one step at a time. We can keep Matteo close to us and tell them that we are just visiting. After that, I'll drop you back off at home and I will go grocery shopping for us. You don't need to come if you don't want to."

I turned to look at him. "Oh, I'm coming grocery shopping with you. Trust me, you are going to want me there when you see what some items are on the list." Matt just looked at me confused. "I need women's products like tampons" Matt nodded and chuckled. "Sure thing. Want to get more diapers while we are there too?" I nodded and smiled, kissing him.

Matt smiled as we shared one last kiss before getting up. "Here, pass my this little guy. He's my little Captain and he's gonna sit with his daddy in the Captain's chair." I chuckled and nodded as I went to give him Matteo. He picked him up in his arms and I smiled as he carried him against his chest. Grabbing my hand once again, we intertwined our fingers and made our way back to the common room while pushing the stroller together.