Chapter 180

Matt's POV

An hour after I first left the bedroom, I was still sitting in the nursery staring at Matteo after I finished burping him. He was fast asleep in my arms and I just couldn't let go of him. I was admiring his little face and kissing his forehead while I rocked him. This was the first real time I felt like we were bonding as father and son. I continued to dream about our future, this time about what me and Gabby's future would be like with a son when she came into the room.

"Now, I am so glad I brought my phone." I turned to look at her and smiled. "Hey, how long have I been gone for?" She smiled at me. "It's been an hour. I actually am glad you took this time. You have been going all day and it was so nice to have you just sit there with him for a while." I smiled and then moved to extending my arm. "Come here."

Gabby moved to sit on the armrest of the chair before wrapping her arm around my shoulder. She then looked down at Matteo and ran her fingers through my hair. "Here, let me take a picture of you two together. I don't think we have one yet." I nodded and smiled as I just looked at Matteo again, holding him close.

Gabby got up and then took a great picture of us. She then showed it to me and I smiled. "Can you text that to me? I want to send it to Christie to show her what she's missing out on." Gabby sighed when I said that. "You still haven't talked to her about it?" I shook my head and sighed. "Listen, can we talk about that another time? I should come to bed." Gabby nodded and agreed. "Okay, just put him in his crib and come join me. I'm waiting for you."

I smiled and nodded as I got up. "Be there soon." Gabby then walked away smiling as she went back to our room so that we could spend a moment alone. I set Matteo down in bed and smiled while kissing his forehead. "Goodnight Matteo." Rubbing his forehead, I tugged his blanket up on top of him as he rolled over, ready to sleep. I then quietly made my way out of his nursery and towards our bedroom, ready to go relax with Gabby in bed.