Future Firefighter in the House Part 1

Gabby's POV

As me and Matt walked into the Firehouse with Matteo, I was prepared to do directly into the common room when I realized that I had to do something first. I had to go see my ambulance. The ambulance where I met one of my best friends in the world, Elizabeth Leslie Shay. Her name was now memorialized on the ambulance and I was going to go see it. 

However, Matt was going right to the common room where everybody was when I stopped him. "Go ahead and take him there Matt, I need a minute." He turned to look at me, confused. "You okay?" I turned to look at the ambulance. "Just need a minute to talk to Shay." He nodded and then smiled. "Here, I'll come with you." He grabbed my hand again and followed me to the ambulance.

As we walked over, I moved right to her name and smiled as I ran my hand over it. The name was starting to fade a bit and it needed to be repainted. "Remind me to tell Boden that this needs to be repainted. As the former PIC, I insist that it needs to be repainted so it stays on there." That's when I heard Boden walk up behind us. "I will put that order in right away Gabby."

Turning to look at him, I smiled. "Hey Chief. Sorry, just taking my time to come in. First time coming back since you know....I left." He nodded and smiled, going to hug me. "How are you doing? See that the stress is coming down." Matt smiled and nodded as he wrapped his arm around me. "We're better. Helps that I am home a lot more." I agreed with him and smiled.

"Listen, I need to run to my office. Want to come with me Gabby or do you just want to go to the common room?" I looked at him and bit my lip. "I'll just wait here. I don't know some of the new firefighters and I am starting to worry this might be too much for him." I nodded and then smiled. "Boden, can you just stay here with her for a minute? I will be right back."

"Sure thing Matt." Boden smiled at us, happy to help. After Matt heard that, he ran to his office so that he could put the pictures in their new place while also checking if he left anything there a month earlier. He also hopped that Gabby wouldn't be bombarded while he was in his office.