Chapter 175

Matt's POV

Once Severide left with Antonio, Gabby turned to look at me and I knew exactly what she was thinking. "Okay, you were right. I should've never gotten the beer out that early. You can blame me all you want." She nodded and then smiled. "By the way, I forgot to mention...I invited another one of our friends over for the housewarming party." 

I looked at her. "Who?" She smiled at me. "I invited Jay Halstead and Erin Lindsay." I sighed when she said that. "Gabby you should've told me. I would've told you no." She looked at me and wasn't happy. "Wow, didn't know I had to ask for your permission to invite people to OUR housewarming party!" She walked away and was pissed off. 

I heard her make her way to the bedroom and sighed when the door slammed. Everybody then turned to look at me, knowing it was mostly my fault since I was the one who objected. I then walked over to Boden. "Boden, can you watch the lasagna for me and make sure it doesn't burn? I am going to make sure Gabby is okay." 

Boden nodded and got up. "Sure thing, not really a good way to start your new life here." I nodded and agreed. "By the way, I promise to be back soon. I just still need time. Gabby just got off bedrest and I want to do stuff with her before we go back to work." Boden nodded and smiled. "Just don't forget that you have day shifts as well now. We got it approved."

Matt smiled. "Right, I'll sign up for one but right now...can you watch the food and I can go talk to Gabby and fix this before it gets any worse?" He nodded and smiled. "Go ahead." I nodded before smiling as I walked away to our bedroom so I could talk to Gabby.