Chapter 199

Matt's POV

As I made my way to the doctor's lounge, I sighed when I got in there because I saw Will. He was currently eating lunch when I walked in. "Mind if this becomes the first responder's and doctor's lounge for a bit?" Will turned to look up at me and then nodded. "Natalie texted me. Come and sit down. There's some water in the fridge. Come take a breather dad."

I nodded and went to grab a water from the fridge before sitting down in front of him. "God, why does my father-in-law hate me so much?" Will put his phone down and looked at me. "Who knows man? What did he do this time?" I sighed, looking at him. "He overwhelmed Gabby...again." Will just nodded before extending his hand. "Sounds like you need a break."

I nodded and smiled. "I am so taking her to Florida when she gets cleared. I don't care if I have to take out a loan. We are going to go sit on the beach with Matteo and just relax. I mean, if she is cleared to fly at least. Either than or I am taking her to a cabin where we can be alone." Will looked at me. "You know, I would ask Natalie to talk to Dr. Charles and get a psych consult. Might also order a scan to see if her aneurysm is causing her problems?"

I nodded and looked at him. "Listen, about that. I just wanted to tell you that I don't blame you for forgetting it in there. You were under a lot of pressure and I appreciate that you saved Gabby's life. Just wish it wasn't still a problem for us." Will nodded at me. "How about we go see how the girls are doing and I can talk to Dr. Charles?" I nodded, really wanting to see Gabby.