Chapter 203

An hour later  when Matt is back at the hospital:

Matt's POV: As I walked back into the hospital with our hospital bag and some food, I couldn't help but be sad that we are here again. Hopefully, this would be the last time for a while because I was planning on taking Gabby away ASAP. As I was walking into the room, I saw that we had guests. Firehouse 51 was all there to get an update. Walking over, I sighed at Boden.

"Might need some more time off." I told him, trying to make a joke when it wasn't funny. "Antonio already came out and talked to us...." He said shaking my hand. "...and like I said, take all the time you need." I smiled and nodded. "I am going to take Gabby on a vacation to Florida. We need to get away from Chicago. Might spend a couple weeks down there. Maybe I can just come back in the New Year Boden? That okay?"

Boden looked at me. "3 months. That's a long leave." I looked at him and sighed. "It'll be worth it though. By the time, we will both be back at work and working at 51. We are not moving." He nodded and smiled. "I will work it out with HQ. Now, about Gabby." I nodded. "Trauma to the head from a fight with her father. Passed out, possible concussion." Everybody stared, shocked.

"Okay, that makes sense why you need a long leave. I will definitely work it out with HQ now." That's when I saw Severide walk up to me. "You need us to take Matteo off your hands for a night?" I shook my head and sighed. "No, better to keep him safe with us. Plus, we already lost a family member today." He got scared when I said that. "Antonio?"

"Oh, he's fine. I am talking about her dad. He's going to jail for a while. But listen, I would love to talk but...I need to get to Gabby's room. She isn't in the ER anymore. We moved her up to a private suite. I am sorry but, I think we just need time. Sorry guys." They all nodded and understood. And with that, I walked back into the hospital and up to the room.