Acting Chief in the House

Gabby's POV: Once me and Matt made our way to the firehouse for our first shift together since we got married again and had Matteo, I got a little nervous. Getting out of the car, Matt walked over to me before wrapping his arms around me. I just looked at him for a moment, enjoying this last moment of quiet for the next 24 hours.

"Hey, we are going to be fine. I promise." Matt then moved to wrap his arms around me before kissing me softly. "We are doing this together. I love you." I smiled and nodded. "I love you too Matt. Now, let's go in and act professional." Matt nodded before grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. Walking up the driveway, we took one last breath before walking in.

After walking up the long driveway and finally making our way into the house, we looked at everybody who turned their heads to see it was us. You could see it on their faces that they were all worried about Boden. That's when I decided to grab our bags. "Give me the bags Matt, I'll put them in your office. Then round everybody up and talk to them."

Matt nodded and smiled as he gave me his bag so I could put it in his office. He then went and looked at everybody. "Everybody, to the lounge immediately. We all need to speak before today's shift." Everybody nodded and decided to follow his orders, giving him the courtesy and respect that he now had as the acting chief.