How Long?

Gabby's POV

As we made our way back up to our room, I assumed that Antonio was going to be looking forward to a nice chat. However, that is not happening. He should've called me the minute dad escaped from prison! Not when there are reports that he is coming here or that he is already in town! Antonio is such an ass sometimes ands he needs to know I am pissed.

After making our way into our room, I looked at Matt and smiled at him. "Matt, can you please go sit with Matteo on the patio? I need to have a word with my brother." Matt just looked at me. "Gabby, we are in this together. I am...." I just looked at him. "Give me two minutes with my brother than you can come back. I need to say somethings that Matteo can't hear." 

Matt then gulped and nodded, going outside to keep Matteo from hearing what I was going to say. Antonio then spoke up, trying to calm me down. However, I stopped him. "How long?" Antonio just looked at me confused. "What do you mean?" I glared at him. "How long has dad been out of prison and on the loose?" He gulped and looked at me. "24 hours. O'Hare camera identified him approximately 12 hours ago."

I looked at him and glared. "You mean to tell me that dad could've already been here in Florida for the past 6-8 hours and I didn't know? He knows we wanted to go to Miami for a honeymoon. And you didn't think to call us the minute you heard?" Antonio shook his head and sighed. "I wanted to see whether he went somewhere. We finally got the check-in video and saw it was for a flight to Miami. That was only 6 hours ago. I was at the airport and flew ASAP." 

I sighed and looked at him, moving to sit on the bed before putting my head in my hands. I then thought of what we can do right now and sighed. "Antonio, I am going to ask this and you are going to tell me if I am being crazy. How long would it wake you to get me, Matt and Matteo into protective custody? And I only want you to tell me. I am scared. He wants to kill Matt. How long?"