Chapter 244: October 11, 2020

Matt's POV

I woke up early this morning with Matteo after another one of his cries. He has been up every hour and a half since 2 am this morning. It was now 9 am and he was tired. Holding him on my chest as we sat on the balcony off the room, I knew that we were not going to be letting him go with the babysitting service today. He was too young and I just felt something was wrong.

However, ever since we starting sitting together....he has been fine. Maybe we need to concentrate on him today. Is he feeling like he is being neglected? Does he feel like me and Gabby are concentrating on each other more than him? Maybe he wants us to play with him? I mean, we did bring his toys. Maybe today can be a family day in bed, playing with Matteo.

That's when I heard Gabby wake up. She came out to the porch to see me. She saw I was holding Matteo and walked up behind me to run her fingers through my hair. "How long have you been up with him since you were last in bed? I think I felt you leave around 6:30ish." I looked up at Gabby and sighed. "I haven't been back to bed since then."

Gabby then walked around me and sighed as she moved to sit next to me on the couch. Curling her legs up next to her, I moved to wrap my arm around her while looking down at Matteo. "We aren't going anywhere today. I think we should just stay here in the hotel room and be with this guy." Gabby nodded and then went to kiss my arm. "What do you think is wrong with him?"

I turned to look at her and sighed. "I have been thinking about that all morning. I think he feels neglected or like we are concentrating too much on each other. Maybe he just wants us to play with him more. I mean, we did bring his toys." Gabby sighed and then nodded. "Let's do that today then. We relax as a family and play on the bed. Only when he is asleep do we get close."

I nodded and agreed smiling. "Listen, how about you go take a shower and then I'll take one. After that, we can head down to the buffet? Grab some breakfast as a family before coming back up here. I already fed him this morning with one of the bottles so you're going to need to pump again if you want to take a nap at all today." Gabby nodded and smiled. "Okay, be back soon." I smiled, kissing her softly before she got up to go take a shower. I then looked at Matteo again and sighed, moving to kiss his forehead softly...hoping he would feel better.