Chapter 262

Matt's POV

When I heard that, I knew that this was not a decision to be taken lightly. I looked at Gabby and saw she was so torn about this. I decided to walk over to them and then sighed. "Antonio, how about you hold Matteo and we can talk? I think Gabby needs me too right now." Gabby looked up at me and nodded. "Let's sit on the bed together." 

I moved to sit on the bed against the pillows and watched as Gabby crawled over to me so she can sit in my arms. Wrapping them around her, I sighed while kissing her head. That's when Antonio sat down next to us with Matteo in his arms. "How long would the protective custody last? Would it be permanent or would it be temporary?" 

Antonio looked at us and then nodded. "It would be until we deem that you are no longer at risk of physical harm. The intelligence department is in on this because he was in a jail cell with a known gang member who has ties to Chicago gangs, the New York mafia and the Miami gangs. This is a joint CPD-FBI Investigation and I am co-leader with an FBI agent here in Miami." 

Antonio looked at Gabby to see that calmed her down a bit. "I brought Jay, Erin and Atwater down here with me to work the case from Miami. We also have talked to your sister Matt. She is aware of this threat and has been instructed to not tell them where you are." I nodded, deciding to forget about the fact that my sister doesn't even know where we are.

That's when I heard a knock on the door. I got worried. Antonio then nodded. "I will get it, it's probably your food that you ordered." I nodded as he got up to get our food. I then looked at Gabby and sighed. "What's going through your mind right now?" Gabby just looked at me and then laid her head down on my shoulder. "I am wondering whether my dad was being honest when he said he was going to plead guilty or if that was just a ploy to get us to relax a bit."

I decided to kiss her forehead and then sighed. I then started to hear my phone ring, seeing it was an unknown number. I decided to answer it. "Hello?" That's when I heard a voice. "You are dead meat Matthew Casey. You can still escape, drop the charges and let me see my grandson." That's when I looked at Antonio and then yelled for him. "Antonio, here!" He then walked over to me, confused. "It's him."