Chapter 295

Antonio's POV

As I finished getting ready in the fitness centre, I was about to grab some weights when I heard Matt and Matteo walk in together. I then smiled at my nephew who looked tired yet, also looked excited to be somewhere new. "God, he is going to be exhausted when you are back in Chicago. All this new stuff is just blowing his mind." Matt chuckled as he went to put the stroller somewhere we can both see him considering there are mirrors everywhere.

That's when I decided to grab my phone and put some music on. Plugging it into the speaker system, I watched as Matt glared at me while he was starting the treadmill. "Keep it appropriate. I don't need one of his first words to be a swear word." I chuckled while looking at Matt. "I am putting on some Spanish music that he won't understand yet." Matt nodded before going to grab a water in the fridge in there. He then offered me one. "Thanks."

Going back to the treadmill, Matt smiled at Matteo in the mirror before starting up again. "So, you are back on CPD now?" I turned to look at him and then nodded. I then decided to join him on the treadmill next to him so that we could talk. "Yes, they offered me my spot back. Honestly, the FBI's Chicago office isn't really busy enough for me anyways." Starting up my treadmill, I smiled at Matt. "What about you? What's your plans for Fire?"

Matt then sighed. "That's something I want to talk to you about. You've been a cop for what now...15 years?" I nodded. "Ah, you guys are starting to have these conversations about putting your life on the line when you have young kids?" Matt nodded and sighed. "What did you and Laura do when you had that conversation? I mean, sure...you were in intelligence but, we both know that your unit is nothing like a normal intelligence unit."

I had to agree with him there, Voigt ran his unit with a different set of rules. "Honestly, we just took it day-by-day. We prayed daily that we would make it home safe. We tried to see each other as much as possible and put the kids first. What are you and Gabby thinking?" Matt sighed again before looking at me. "Honestly, I am wondering if one of us should quit the Fire Department." Antonio then glared at me. "And by one of us....you mean Gabby?"