Chapter 178

Matt's POV

An hour after Gabby's toast, everybody finally went home. I smiled because that meant that me and Gabby were now alone. I moved to walk into our bedroom where Gabby was to see that she was unpacking her suitcase and putting it in the closet. "So, I guess I am going to be in the back of the closet?" She turned to look at me and smiled. "I am unpacking your clothes."

I looked in and nodded. "Oh, couldn't tell the difference." She chuckled and laughed because even though she had a lot of clothes, she still ended up wearing my clothes a lot. I moved to walk up to her and then wrapped my arms around her waist. Looking down at her, I smiled while moving down to kiss her softly. "Finally, alone at last with no disruptions."

She smiled when I said that before rubbing my back. "Listen, I am exhausted and even though I would love to possibly do something with you to celebrate this....can we just lay down in bed and relax? It's been non-stop for the past couple days and honestly, I just need time to lay down in bed with you and rest."

I nodded and smiled before kissing her again when we heard Matteo through the baby monitor. He was going to be sleeping in his nursery rather than our room now because he was just across the hall. The nursery was perfect because it also had a fridge in it (for now) which had some breastmilk thanks to Gabby pumping again so I could feed him.

"You want me to go feed him or do you want to do it?" She looked at me and sighed. "I have no more energy. Plus, you haven't seen him that much today with all the moving. How about you go feed him and spend some time with your son?" I looked at her and smiled, kissing her forehead. "I shouldn't too too long. Just relax in bed, I'll be back soon."

I let her go and smiled as I made my way to the nursery so that I could feed Matteo.