We Meet Again

Metropolitan Correction Center, Chicago

Gabby's POV: An hour after leaving the hospital, I was now at the local jail about to speak with my father for the first time since his sentencing. Sitting in the booth, I was nervous but knew I had to do this because he deserved to know about Antonio. I felt good about having Matt by my side even though I knew he hated my father. That's when he walked in.

You could tell he was shocked to see us both there. He moved to sit down and then grabbed the phone. "Gabriella." I sighed while looking at him. "I am not here because I want to be here okay? I am here because I have to be here. There's something you should know." He looked at me concerned before it turned to anger towards Matt. "It's about Antonio."

He then turned to look at me again. "Dad, Antonio is in the hospital and he is unconscious after being hit by a car. They are monitoring him for brain activity and there is some. Since we last checked, he is alive and breathing. Laura is there with him now." He just stared at me and you could see all life just escape the view. You could even see him cry if you looked hard enough.

"Dad, I am not going to stop you from seeing him. However, I am not going to be there. If you plan on going....let the guards know that they need to tell me. Dad, you hurt me." He saw me tear up and then cried too. "Mija." I snapped back into it. "Dad, Matt is the love of my life and Matteo is our miracle child. You're in here because you couldn't be happy for me. Now, you get to live with the regret of never having to meet your grandson or hold me again." 

My dad was about to say something but I interrupted him. "Goodbye dad." I then hung up and then put it on the hanger. Getting up, I turned to Matt and looked at him. "Let's get out of here." Matt nodded and then sighed. "Gabby, can you give me a minute alone with your dad? I want to talk to him in private. There's something I need to do." Gabby looked at me and nodded. 

I leaned in to kiss her softly. "Just give me a minute." Gabby nodded and walked outside with Matteo so that I could have a minute alone with Ramon.