59|Love Songs (In the Key of Gallagher)

Carla,once again, slept on Carl's bed since Debbie kicked her out of their room for her and Derek to have sex in. She sat up when she heard footsteps walk downstairs, and then she heard the door shut. She laid back down and fell back asleep.

The next morning, Carla sat in the kitchen with Debbie. "Debs? Carla?" Fiona called out as she walked inside. "Kitchen." Debbie called back. "Hey." Fiona said as she walked in the kitchen. "Cup of noodles? For breakfast?" Fiona asked as Carla handed Liam the cup of noodles.

"No bread,no eggs,no milk,no cereal." Carla explained."Why are we out of food?" Fiona asked. "Cause nobody's buying any?" Debbie said, confused. "Who's been doing the shopping?" Fiona asked as Carla sat at the counter.

"Well,Sammi was. " Debbie said. "Well,I'll get to the store today. Whar about you two? Did you get something to get for breakfast?" Fiona asked. "Hate breakfast. Coffee. No sugar, either. " Debbie said.

"So where were you last night?" Carla asked after she took a sip of her coffee.  "I called. Gus got back from the tour." Fiona explained "husband Gus?" Debbie asked. "What other Gus is there?" Fiona asked. "So you guys are back together?" Carla asked.

"We were never not together. He was on tour with his band." Fiona said. "Hmm." Debbie hummed as she took a sip of her coffee. "What is that look?" Fiona asked. "Nothing." Debbie said.

"Gus is back. I went to see the band play a show, and I spent the night,like husbands and wives do." Fiona said. "Mm-hmm." Carla hummed. "So you tell Sean that Gus is back?" Carla asked.

"Sean is just a good friend." Fiona said. "Hmm. Liam plate to skink." Debbie told him. "We should see Carl this weekend." Carla said. "Sure." Fiona said.

"So, does husband Gus have a car? Or should we ask good friend Sean to drive us up to juvie jail again?" Debbie asked as Veronica walked inside. "Jeez." V said as she took her jacket off. "There's a Russian prostitute in my kitchen talking Diaper Genies and infant diarrhea with my husband." V told them.

"So are you and kev..." Fiona trailed off. "Giving it another try." V said. "That's great." Fiona told her. "Yeah." V poured herself a cup of coffee and then turned to face Debbie. "Is that a hickey?" V asked.

"Yeah." Debbie said casually. "What?" Fiona asked as her and V got a closer look. "Are those teeth marks? Tell that boy no teeth. Just lip and suction." Veronica told her. "Didn't you have the talk?" V asked.

"The talk?" Fiona asked. "Birds and bees. His thing,her thing." V explained. "She's on the pill." Fiona said. "No shit?" V asked. "Mm-hmm." Debbie nodded. "Svetlana's still at your house?" Carla asked.

V sighed. "Just until we get another bed to put in th3 apartment above the Alibi. She's gonna help with the twins for a while instead of paying rent." V explained, sitting next to Carla. "She's great with kids." Debbie said.

"Don't you two have school?" V asked, pointing in between Carla and Debbie. "Yeah,but this is more fun." Carla said, taking a drink of her coffee. "Oh,shit. Go. Go!" Fiona ordered them. "Food. Today." Debbie told her.

"I promise. Go." Fiona said as Carla got off the chair and grabbed her backpack. "Oh,can you take Liam to head start on your way?" Fiona asked. "Like I've done every day for the last four months? Yes, I think I can handle that." Debbie said as her and Carla grabbed their jackets.

"Oh, and I'll be sure to pick Liam up after school like I always do too." Debbie said. "Come on,Liam." Carla said. "Sammi sleeping." Liam said. "Come on,Liam!" Debbie yelled. Carla held Liam's hand while they walked out of the house.

~~

"Damn,Gallagher. Didn't know you had it in you." A boy in Carla's grade said. "Got more coming if you want." Carla said, spitting blood out of her mouth. "Shit. The  Principal." Carla said and went to run but already got caught. "Wow, Miss Gallagher, you 6th fight." The principal said.