69|Paradise Lost

"We found more newspapers." Carl told Fiona as they helped Fiona pack up Sean's stuff. "Uh,wrap the frames in it. Is that Sean's shirt?" Fiona asked. "Yeah." Carl said. Fiona scoffed. "You're supposed to be packing it." Fiona told him.

"I'm meeting my girlfriend for breakfast." Carl said. "I didn't know you two were official." Fiona said. "Yeah,me either." Carla said. "She told her dad. He flipped out." Carl said. "Dads can be protective sometimes,but he'll be all right when he meets you." Fiona told him.

"He already did." Carl said. "Well,how'd it go?" Fiona asked. "Chased me with a bat." Carl said, making Carla chuckled as the door opened. "I found a spot out front. Didn't even have to double-park the U-Haul." Sean said as the twins walked into the other room.

They came out of the room with boxes. "Well,we're gonna do a full sweep of the house with a metal detector,right Carl?" Fiona asked as they walked out of the room. "Yup. We're gonna make sure it's a demilitarized zone." Carl told them as they put the boxes on top of the others.

"So Nikole's got nothing to worry about." Fiona said as the twins went to go get more boxes.

~~

Carla walked down the sidewalks when she saw Carl standing by a police car. "What you do now?" Carla joked as she stood next to Carl. "Nothing,this is Sargent Winslow,Dominique's dad. Sargent Winslow,this is my twin sister,Carla." Carl explained.

"Hi,nice to meet you." Carla said as she shook the police officer's hand. "You too. " Sargent Winslow said, then he put his police vest on."Don't do anything stupid." Carla whispered as she patted Carl's arm and walked away.

Carla bumped arms with someone, "Yeah, excuse you." She said. "I'm sorry." A boy Carla's age said. Carla turned around and got a good look at the boy; he was about an inch taller than Carl,slim figure, light curly brown hair,emerald green eyes. And in Carla's opinion,he was very cute.

"Oh,no,it's okay. I bumped into you." Carla said. "Aren't you Carl's sister? Uh... Carla?" the boy asked. "Yeah." Carla nodded. "I'm Ryan. We have pretty much every class together." He said. Carla tried to remember if she'd knew a Ryan.

"Oh! Ryan. The one who got dared to kiss the math teacher. Right?" Carla asked. "Right." Ryan nodded,  "right,yeah. Yeah,I remember that." Carla smiled, "Uh,I'll see you at school?" Ryan asked. "Yeah, see you." Carla said as she continued to walk.

The same topic that she thought about when she and Carl stayed at the hotel came back in her head; what she wants to do in the future. She had always looked up to Ian ever since before she could remember. The Gallagher siblings always told her that she used to follow Ian everywhere when she was younger.

She had thought about what she wanted to do with her life before, but it was for school, and she just took it as a joke. But this time, she actually thought long and hard about it.

Carla sat on a park bench as she thought. "Fuck it,I'll just go to the army. Or become a police officer or something like that." Carla said to herself as she stood up and started to walk towards her house.

Carla and Fiona got home at the same time. "I think I wanna be a cop." Carla suddenly said. "Really?" Fiona asked. "Yeah." Carla said as they walked up the steps. Fiona and Carla walked inside to see it empty and Egyptian dolls on the couch.

"Sean?" Fiona called out. "Upstairs." Sean called back. Fiona ran up the stairs.  Carla sat at the counter.

~~

Carla leaned on the railing on the porch, drinking a beer when Sargent Winslow's car pulled up when Carl got out of the car at the same time,Lip walked up to the gate. "Thanks for the ride,Sergeant Winslow." Carl said.

"Hey." Lip said. "What the hell's all that about?" He asked. "I think I wanna be a cop." Carl said. "Shit Carl, take my future job. Why don't you." Carla joked."What? Really? I thought you didn't care what you did later in life?" Carl asked.

"I don't. Well, I didn't. But I thought about it." Carla said as they walked inside. "Well, we can be cops together." Carl said as they did their handshake.

A few hours later,Debbie came home in labor. V,Carla,lip,Fiona, Sean, and Svetlana helped Debbie lay on the couch. "Lay down,lay down!" Fiona exclaimed as Debbie groaned. "All right,all right,I'll get my truck so we can go to the hospital?" Kevin said.

"No! No hospitals!" Debbie exclaimed. "We don't have time to argue." Fiona said as Debbie screamed. "No shit. This baby is coming." V said after she took her head out of Debbie's skirt.

"Now?" Sean exclaimed. "She's crowning." V said. "What the fuck are you doing?" Lip asked Svetlana. "I capture moment." Svetlana said as she recorded. "Quick,who delivered Liam?" Fiona asked.

"Monica. She was high,he slid right out." Lip answered. "Go,get Sylvia from down the block,she's a nurse." Fiona told Lip. "No good,she's at Cook County." Kev said. "I thought she worked at Rush." Fiona said.

"No,Cook County Department of Corrections. She shot her husband." V explained. "You worked at a nursing home." Fiona said. "Changing bed pans,I never delivered a damn baby!" V exclaimed.

Debbie now laid on the dining table, squeezing Carla's hand practically breaking it as she screamed. "Is she gonna have the baby on the table?" Sean asked. "All right,ambulance is on its way." Kevin announced. "It says we need towels." Lip said.

"Already got 'em." Fiona said as she walked into the kitchen with towels. "Okay,okay. So,put them under her to catch all the...Fuck! Just put them under her! Shit!" Lip exclaimed.

"It's gonna be okay,it's gonna be okay. I'm right here." Fiona told her as Debbie squeezed her hand as well. "When I was having my girls,the doc told me to do three quick pants and then one long blow,okay? " V said as she showed Debbie how to breathe.

"I'm gonna do it with you, okay?" Fiona asked. "There you go." Sean said as Fiona and Debbie breathed together. Debbie groaned in the middle of her breathing. "We're gonna start pushing now,okay? All right? Here we come." V said.

"All right." Lip said. "Ready and push!" V exclaimed as Debbie grunted as she pushed. "Push,push,push,push! Push,baby,push!" V exclaimed.

"Let's go! All right!" Lip exclaimed. "Push! Don't stop! That's it!" V exclaimed as Debbie screamed as she crushed Carla's hand making it turn red.

Finally, Debbie delivered the baby while Carla massaged her hand from the pain from Debbie practically crushing her bones. "Is the baby okay?" Debbie asked. "Yeah. She's great." V told her as the baby cooded.

Debbie gasped. "She?" Debbie asked as Veronica let Debbie hold her daughter. "Yeah." V breathed. "Oh." Debbie said in awe as he held her daughter. "You did amazing,Debs." Fiona said. "My god. My daughter. She's so big." Debbie said.

Carla stood up from the chair and looked at her new niece. "Hi,Frances. Do you recognize my voice?" Debbie asked her baby. "Frances?" Lip asked. "After her grandfather." Debbie said as the baby cooded. "Frank?" Fiona asked.

"Yeah." Debbie sighed. "She's go beautiful. Thank you." Debbie said as she looked up at Veronica,who nodded. The whole family surrounded Debbie as she held her daughter admiring the new baby.

The paramedics arrived and put Debbie and her baby on the stretcher and put her in the ambulance. "We'll take her to Rush." The paramedic informed them. "We'll be right behind you,Debs." Lip told her.

"I'm coming too." Fiona said. "Uh,no,that's okay." Debbie said. "You don't want me to come?" Fiona asked. "I do,but you were right,I need to do this on my own." Debbie said.

"Debbie,I -" Fiona started. "It's just me." Debbie told the paramedic,who nodded and closed the back of the ambulance. Sean walked past everyone and stood next to Fiona as they watched the ambulance drive away.

Word count:1418
A/n:Welcome Baby Frances 'Franny' Harris Gallagher. ♥️  or whatever her middle name is.