85|Where's My Meth?

"Smells good. I like Corporal Carl and Carla in the kitchen." Ian said after he walked downstairs. "Doesn't taste half bad either." Lip said as he took a bite of the pancake.

"Eating for two? A boy or a girl,huh?" Ian asked as he rubbed Lip's stomach. "I'm just trying to fight the urge to drink with extreme nausea." Lip said. "Sounds healthy." Ian said. "Hey,I could try to move your meth today." Carl told Ian.

"About time. I'll go get it." Ian said as he walked out of the kitchen. "Hey,it's not like there's an eBay for this. Shit takes time." Carl said. "Yo,yo, yo. What up,homeboys?Lip,you're 21,right?" Frank asked, walking in the kitchen. "I'm 23,but that's fine. You're in the ballpark. Why?"Lip asked.

"What would another 21-year-old wear to a job interview?" Frank asked, holding up two button-down shirts. The twins furrowed their eyebrows as they looked at Frank. "Well,a fucking 52-year-old who was in a delusional crack haze thinking he was 21 would wear the green shirt that doesn't belong to him." Lip told him.

"I was gonna pick the same one. Young minds think alike." Frank said as he put the blue shirt back into the dryer. "You got a job interview?" Carl asked. "What,are you looking to collect disability again,Frank?" Carla asked.

"That was the old Frank. This Frank is different. I wish you kids could've known me before Monica coiled her body around my neck,choked to death the man I was meant to be. You're about to witness the rebirth of a proactive member of society." Frank said as he put pants on and walked out of the kitchen.

"Jesus." Lip said. "I'm crashing at my friend Dylan's house after school. Bye." Liam said. "Bye,bud." Lip said as Liam walked out of the house. "Here." Ian said, handing Carl the bag of meth. "Ah,yeah,just give me a couple days." Carl said.

"Hey,just give that back a sec." Ian said. Carl handed him the bag of meth and Ian just looked at it. "What the fuck's with you?" Lip asked. "It's the last thing she left us. Once it's gone,so is she." Ian said.

"It's crystal meth." Lip said as the twins looked at each other confused. "What,are you getting sentimental?" Lip asked. "Eh,just kinda hit me. I don't know." Ian said. "Jesus." Carl said as he took the bag of meth back.

"Hey!" Ian said. "For that,I'm taking a bigger percentage. A dipshit cut." Carl told Ian. "Gotta get to work." Ian said as he flipped off Carl and pushed his head back, then walked out of the house.

~~

Later that night, Carla went on a run when she saw Ryan get out of a car. "Hey." She said as she caught her breath. "Carla?" Ryan asked as the car drove away. "I thought you were at Military school. " Ryan said.

"Back for the summer." Carla said as she put her hands on her hips. "Who's wheels you got out of?" Carla asked. "Oh,um... My friend picked me up after work." Ryan said. "Work at..." Carla looked at he phone for the time. "7:30?" She asked.

"Yeah. Night shift. Are you running at 7:30?" Ryan asked. "Gotta stay in shape." Carla said. Carla broke eye contact for a split second before remaking eye contact again. "You want to get a beer? The Alibi's one down." Carla said.

"Uh,sure." Ryan said as they walked down the sidewalk in awkward silence. "So,you hook up with anyone at Military school?" Ryan asked, making Carla chuckled. "Have you hooked up with anyone while I was gone?" Carla asked.

"No." Ryan lied. "Me either." Carla also lied as they walked into the Alibi. "Carly." Kev said as he walked up to her and gave her a hug.

Carla stood their awkwardly wondering why he was hugging her. "Hey,kev." She said. "Look,if I don't make it out tomorrow,I want you and Debs to look after the kids,okay? Tell them I love them." Kevin told her.