30|Cascading Failures

Carla,Carl,Debbie, Fiona, ian,and lip follow Britney Struges out of the house with bags of their clothes. "woah Woah, wait. What the hell is going on?" Jimmy asked."Department Of family Services is taking us away." Debbie explained."What? Can they do that?" Jimmy asked.

"It won't last, Debs. What was it last time,a week?" Fiona asked."Nine days." Debbie said,"Twenty bucks say we're back in five." Lip joined in as the kids got into the van. "Can I get their placement address now?" Fiona asked.

"Not until intake interviews with the children complete." Britney explained,"who reported us?" Fiona asked,Britney didn't answer."Come on,who was it?" Fiona asked again but still didn't get an answer.

Carla held onto Carl's hand while they lap drove off. "Do you think they'll keep up together again?" Carla asked Carl." I hope so." Carl said. "You guys okay?" Britney asked."Oh yeah. Ain't our first time at the rodeo. Because Liam is still cute and little, he'll go to some loving home with people who really want a family but waited so their egg batter rotted,so they can't have their own." Lip said.

"Debbie and the twins will be placed together because -" Ian pointed at Debbie "because the state always tries to keep siblings together." Debbie explained. "And lip, and I can handle whatever foster nutjobs we end up with." Ian said."Remember that last guy with the uh... was it the fucking bathroom peephole?" Lip asked.

"Oh yeah." Ian said."well,This time's gonna be a little different. I've placed Liam,Carl, and Carla together. But Debbie unfortunately has to be placed separately." Britney said. "All by myself?" Debbie asked, then looked back at lip. "And Philip and Ian,you're too told to be placed,so you're going to a group home." Britney continued.

The van door opened. "That really puts the 'home' in group home." Ian remarks as him and lip put money in their socks and underwear. Ian kissed the twins and Liam's head before him and lip got out of the van.

"It's only gonna be a couple of days,okay? Every Gallagher can handle that, right? " Lip asked."we'll take care of Liam." Carl said,"Yes,you will." Lip said as he hugged Debbie and Ian hugged the twins. "Hey Debs." Ian whispered as he hugged Debbie.

Lip rubbed the twins' head and patted Liam's arm. "I'll see you soon, all right?" Ian told Debbie as they left.

~~

Carla held Liam close to her chest as she looked around the new house. "We want to be completely honest wit you,Carl. And Carla. We have been looking to adopt a biracial baby for quite some time...and when they called about Liam we were over the moon. Then the state told us about you two. And we want to try to keep you three together. So let's give this fivesome a try." One of the guys said.

"Which on are you again?" Carl asked."I'm Cassius, and this is Lanier." Cassius said. "So you guys are gay?" Carla asked."Yep." Lanier said,"Yes." Cassius said."Does,like,shit ever get stuck on the tip of your dick?" Carl asked."Yeah." Laim babbled.

The two men just stared at the twins. "Uh..." Cassius looked at Lanier. "This is gonna be a long couple of days." Carla sighed and put her head on Liam's head.

"Come on. We'll show you where you'll be sleeping." Cassius told them as they walked upstairs "Carla you and Liam will be in this room, and Carl will be across the hall." Lanier said, pointed to a room."In this big-ass house we have to share?" Carla asked.

A few hours later, Carla sat in her new 'room', playing with Liam with the toys she had packed for him. "Carl,Carla, it's dinner time." Cassius said, opening their doors."Carl?" He asked."Come on, big boy." Carla said, picking up Liam and walking out of the room."Where is that boy?" Cassius asked." I don't know." Carla shrugged.

Carla watched Cassius eyes widen when he looked into their room to see Carl watching a gay porno. She laughed as she followed Cassius. "Why do they all have mustaches?" Carl asked "out. Now." Cassius demanded as he turned the TV off.