42|A Jailbird, Invalid, Martyr, Cutter, Retard, and Parasitic Twin

"Can you do this?" Carl asked Laim as she pulled his lips apart. Carla laughed as Liam tried to mimic what his brother was doing. "Fiona coming down for breakfast?" Debbie asked. "She's not up yet." Lip said.

Debbie did a playful gasp. "Here's you, Tang,Liam. Here you go, baby. Here. Make sure he drinks the whole thing. He needs his electrolytes. " Debbie told Carl as she put a sippy cup that had juice in it on Liam's highchair. "Okay." Carl said.

"That's right. For now on , nothing goes into your mouth unless we give it to you, buddy." Lip said,"Okay." Laim babbled. "What's that smell?" Debbie asked. "Guess. Frank,stop smoking, Weed!" Lip yelled."Ugh,Carl, get Laim away from the stairs." Debbie told him as they stood up,grabbing their backpacks.

Carla pushed Liam's highchair away from the stairs. "Look,I'll take Liam to school today. Grab some dinner while I'm there." Lip said as he pulled Liam's highchair towards him. "Whar about the Caoq au Vin? Sheila made it once." Carl mentioned.

"I hope you remember it what it tasted like. It's probably the last time you're gonna have it in your life." Lip said. "We could order pizza. Fiona let us do that when she was working late." Carla added.

"It's too expensive, all right? We're back to generics for Food 4 Less and dumpster diving." Lip said as he handed the twins their lunches. " I could buy a few groceries." Sammi offered. "Yeah,that'd be nice since we have two extra mouths to feed." Debbie said.

"Why don't you tell Frank to lay off the week?" Lip asked as he pulled Liam's highchair away from Sammi. "He's very sick. Worse than ever." Sammi said. "Yeah, well, we're very put on our asses if the social worker makes a visit and the place smells like Snoop Dogg." Lip said.

"The only reason we're letting you stay here is to take care of Frank."  Debbie added. "I don't think you guys understand." Sammi said as she stepped forward."Oh,understand?" Debbie asked as she also stepped forward in front of sammi. "We've lived with that asshole our whole lives." Lip said.

"Now you're trying to play big sis?" Debbie asked. "You're lucky we don't bounce you to the crub." Lip said. "Yeah." The twins said together. "So if we say no more weed..." Lip said. "We mean no more weed." Debbie finished.

"Okay. Fine." Sammi nodded. "Good. Now listen,everybody, remember when the social worker does show up..." Lip started talking. "This includes you too, chuckie,so listen up." Debbie told chuckie. "...you text me immediately. Okay? I'll hop on the L." Lip finished.

"Whar about Fiona?" Carl asked. "Got her covered all right. i just I need you two to stall the social worker till I get back." Lip told the twins. "Are we understood?" Debbie asked. "Yeah." The twins said. "Yes?" Debbie asked Sammi. "Yes." Sammi nodded.

"Oh,that's my ride. Gotta stop by Sheila's to water her plants while she's out of town." Debbie said. "Deb," Lip handed her her lunch. "And I won't be home for dinner." Debbie added as the kids.

"Why? Where are you going?" Lip asked. "Friend's." Debbie said as the kids left the house.

"Hi." Debbie told Matty. "Morning." Matt said. "Morning." Debbie said. "Hey,can we get a ride?" Carl asked. "Your ride's over there." Debbie said. The twins turned around, and them ran across the street to get on the bus.

~~

Carla sat next to Carl on the bus. "Those Gallagher kid's sister gave their baby brother cocaine." Some kid said. "Dude,I bet he's retarded now from it,huh?" Another kid asked. "Totally." The kid said. "Cocaine baby brother. Cocaine baby brother." The kid started to sing as the other badly beat boxed. The twins turned around and looked at the two kids.

"Retarded little Gallagher. Retarded Little Gallagher." The two kids sang "cocaine baby brother." The kids high-fived each other.

The twins looked back at the two, not saying anything. Carla closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She re-opened her eyes and stared out the window.