3|Aunt Ginger

The twins,along lan and mandy Milkovich, were watching Tv. The twins sat on the floor as the two teens sat on the couch above them. Ian stood up after Mandy moved closer to him. "Do you want another beer?" He asked."Okay." Mandy shrugged,"but don't be too long." She continued as lan walked to the kitchen.

The twins were making their action figures fight when Mandy kicked them. "Ow." They said simultaneously, then she kicked them again."Get out of here,shitheads, " Mandy told them."Ow. Fine. Whatever. Come on, Carla, " Carl said, standing up. The twins flipped off the gir before walking off. "You're leaving?" Ian asked them as they past "yeah." Carl said,"Enjoy getting herpes." Carla sent a teasingly smile as the twins walked upstairs.

Carla stared out the window as she watched Mandy run out crying as Fiona ran inside, leaving Tony by himself.

~~

"Ten minutes to get downstairs," Fiona called out. Carla woke up on the floor next to lan's bed she woke up by him stepping on her leg.  Carla ran to Debbie's room to get changed and grabbed he backpack that was halfway empty, then ran downstairs but got stopped when Fiona pulled on the bat she was holding "no,no,no the bat is for killing,not for taking to School. I don't need any more notes from your and Carl's teacher." Fiona said, making Carla sigh and let go the bat and run downstairs.

"Yo,yo,yo,Destructo,that's my toaster." Kevin said, walking in the kitchen."we're trying to make Melted, man." Carl told him as he and Carla held two action figures above the toaster. Kevin picked the two up "yeah,well use a blowtorch like a normal kid." Kev placed them to the side as he started to use his toaster. "Hey,Fi,some delivery guy was looking for your address. Here." Kevin placed flowers on the counter. 'They're from him. Toss them, " Fiona told him.

"No, they're not. Nope, " Steve said."Yes. Four bars. Thank you, Beaver327, " Debbie said, sitting on the top of the counter "back for more abuse. You're like a boomerang." Lip said, walking in. "Yeah,no,I lost a bet to lan on the honors game. Need to see what tickets he wants." Steve explained,"and we live in the 1700s where Telephones haven't been invented yet...so of course you couldn't just call." Fiona said sarcastically,"Not when I knew you were dying to see me." Steve said also sarcastically.

"Shit." Fiona said when the stove wouldn't turn on "yo,got my tickets?" Ian asked."Yeah,what game? Philly on the 12th or Edmonton on the 27th?" Steve asked."Uh, the Oilers,yeah,definitely." Lan nodded."A good choice. The Flyers are a bunch of fags" Kevin said "goddamm it. The gas bill's late. No wonder it's freezing in here, " Fiona said, reading the bill.

Steve took the card off the flowers in the trash and read, "Fiona,thanks for a night I'll never forget. Tony" Fiona took the card put of his hand "give me that." She said "who the fuck's Tony?" Steve asked clueless "you hooked up with Tony? How charitable of you." Kev said, surprised."Wait. Tony, the cop? That Tony? Really?" Steve asked clueless."Yeah. And we had a nice time,okay? Tony's sweet. And he has a real job, " Fiona told him. Kevin fake snores. "I'm sorry, I totally fell asleep when you were talking about it. How long was I out for?" Lip just smiled."Lip,phone." Fiona said as lip threw her the phone.

"What exactly does 'hooked up' mean?" Steve asked."Last time I checked,penis goes into vagina." Kevin explained."Wow." Steve rolled his head back."No. Okay? We're gonna have oatmeal this morning. Go get the hotplate." Fiona told Debbie. "Jesus, you sure didn't waste any time, did you?" Steve continued.

"I think I can see my breath." Ian said."we need $587, or they won't turn the gas back on." Fiona explained."I'm taking the PSATs for some Polish kid over on Ridgedale. He's supposed to give me a hundred bucks." Lip stood up,"I saw online that we could get an extra $200 a month from the state... if we say the twins' retarded." Debbie said "I get paid Friday." Ian explained "okay. I'll figure out the rest." Fiona said. She looked up at the time "school. Let's go. Everyone out." She told everyone. "I can loan you the money unless you wanna get it from Tony, the cop." Steve  jealously said as everyone put their bowls in the sink.

"You still here?" Fiona asked."Pay me back or not. Doesn't matter." Steve continued "You're gonna be late. Go." Fiona pushed the twins out of the house,"everyone out. You, too. Out, " she pointed at Steve,"I could borrow a couple grand from you and not pay you back, " Kevin said as everyone left.

~~

The twins and Debbie walked in with a bunch of hair dryers. "we got these from Imelda over at the Holiday Inn. It'll be a good way for us to stay warm, " Debbie said, putting the hair dryers down."why is Mr. Perry here?" She asked."Hey, kev, it's me. Uh,can I borrow your cad just for the night? I just need to--" Fiona said on the phone, but Frank stopped her,taking the phone and hanging up on Kevin."You won't need the car." Frank said,"How are we gonna get Ginger?" Fiona asked."She's dead." Frank said casually."What?"  Fiona asked.

"Who's dead?" Debbie asked."Aunt ginger." Lip answered."No." Debbie whined 'Debs you never met her." Lip said,"and now I never will." Debbie said sadly,"Don't give me a hard time. I've been very upset about this. I'm in mourning." Frank interrupted."When did she die?" Fiona asked."Hmm..." Frank shrugged "twelve years ago." Frank hesitated."I was trying to protect you all from the trauma." Frank excused "shit." Fiona whispered."How do you think I feel? That woman was my heart and soul. She practically rasied me."Frank said mindlessly."Dad,you've been cashing her checks. That's a felony. We're living in her house. Was there even a will?" Fiona asked.

"You don't need a will if she's not technically dead." Frank leaned forward."Yea,she is technically dead. Dad. Dead is dead. Just because you haven't told anybody that's she's dead... doesn't make her not dead." Fiona explained "fuck. What are we gonna do now?" Fiona asked."Well..." V smiled. The twins looked at each other, then up at Fiona in confusion.

~~

The twins sat with some old lady talking pictures with her pretending she's their aunt ginger, then they stood behind the couch, Carla on Lip's back as they took a 'family' photo together.

The next morning, Carla yet again woke up by lan stepping on her "carly you gotta stop sleeping on the floor," Ian whispered and picked up his little sister. "Well, I have a good excuse now that lady is sleeping in my bed." Carla whispered "yeah,yeah I know. Lay in my bed, " Ian told her as he started to get changed."Where are you going?" Carla asked quietly as she laid down."Don't worry, I'll be back, " Ian said, putting his shoes on and giving his little sister a small kiss on the head before leaving.

About an hour later, Lip got up. "Hey carly, where's lan?" Lip asked."Dunno. Didn't say, " Carla shrugged and rolled over as lip left the room to look for his brother.

The twins shoved each other down the steps as they went downstairs to microwave an action figure they had melted. Carl pushed Carla aside and watched the figure in the microwave. Frank walked in. "Smells good." He said as Carla climbed on the counter and sat there."I've missed you,Ginger," Frank said loudly. "Yo,bud." Lip said to Carl."Yeah?" He turned around."You or Carla take the killing bat?" Lip asked, looking in between the twins."No." They said simultaneously and shook their heads.

The microwave beeped as Carl took the Superman action figure out. "Cool." Carla said, jumping off the counter.

The twins watched from upstairs as people talked to the old woman who was pretending to be their aunt ginger in confusion.

Then they watched Fiona and Frank run around the house over some check.

~~

The twins sat on Carl's bed as they watched Mandy and Ian lay on his bed. Fiona knocked, then walked in. "Hey, above the covers," Fiona told the two teenagers and walked out. "You got it." Ian said."You look nice." Lip called out."Thank you." Fiona called back out.

The twins ended up falling asleep on different ends of the bed with their feet in each other's faces, making Lip chuckle.

Word count:1480