Thorin ~ Moon

Based on two imagines found here:  http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/131769898229/imagine-thorin-calling-you-the-moon-of-his-life

http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/129322571417/imagine-joining-the-company-and-secretly-being-a

Yet another full moon was upon the Company, and yet again one of them was quick to disappear for the night.

But tonight was different, because tonight, Thorin Oakenshield wanted answers.

All of them had noticed that this would happen once a month, coincidentally on the full moon, but as the companion in question was a fierce warrior, it was unnerving for any of then to try and ask.

But something was also developing between the warrior and Thorin, and this is what drove his curiosity to find out.

Gandalf cautioned him against it, but with the wizard giving as little as she did, he went against it.

As expected, she left just as they started setting up camp, saying she would be back by morning.  They all knew Thorin would follow her, so no one stopped him when he followed a few minutes later.

The longer he followed, the more worried Thorin got.  They were getting further and further from camp, further than he ever thought she would go.  If something were to happen on these night escapades of hers, then they would never know.

Finally, she stopped in a small clearing, Thorin watching from tree line.

The moon was just starting to come out.

Slowly, she seemed to sigh and started to take off her armour.

Thorin watched, frowning, not understanding, but as she got down to her under clothes and went to take those off too, Thorin knew he had to ask.

"Zearah?"

Zearah jumps, her eyes going wide with fear as Thorin steps forward.

"Thorin!  You cannot be here!  Go back to others!"  She pleads.

Thorin stares at her in confusion.  "What do you do out here?"

"Please Thorin, I don't have time to explain right now-"

"Are you ever going to explain it?"  He tried to step closer, but she backs away.

"Now is not the time!  I need you to go before it's too late."  He could hear the note of panic in her voice, but he did not budge.  "Thorin please!"

"Zearah, can't-"

But Zearah was distracted, her gaze moving skyward, the moon shining overhead.  Her gaze moves back to his, filled with tears.

"Run."

Thorin didn't get a chance to question as her body buckled over, a groan of pain leaving her.  He almost ran over to her but a load snapping tear stopped him.

Zearah started screaming, but it was becoming more primal, more animalistic, and as Thorin watched in stunned horror, her body began to change.

She started to grow, her remaining clothes tearing and falling to the ground.  Her skin started to split as thick brown fur grew through it, covering her form.

Through her screams, her teeth twisted and lengthened into fangs as her head distorted, a snout forming and ears growing tall on her head.  Her hands curled in pain, even as they formed claws, digging into her flesh and drawing blood.  A tail curved out from between her powerful legs and stood up high.

Taller, broader and bigger, the werewolf howled.

Thorin stood aghast, something slowly registering that he really shouldn't be here.