Colours 2

The idea for this part came from here:  http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/127603872567/imagine-the-company-inadvertently-coming-into

Lili only partly dealt with being dotted over by the other dwarves, usually throwing in side or sarcastic comments when one of them did something for her, but the all knew what she was like.

Fili and Kili often didn't help, and the three of them were often in trouble for either arguing or setting up a prank, something Thorin saw as a bad influence on her.

The only one to treat her normally was Bilbo, and so the two began to share an unusual friendship with each other, sometimes talking late into the night, something that didn't go unnoticed.

It was on one morning however, that Lili decided she had had enough.

It was insisted on that one of the others pack her things for her, as it was each morning, but on this particular morning, Fili and Kili were the ones to get the job.

And they added a few things to her pack.

Lili practically toppled down as soon as she went to pick it up, the brothers cracking up laughing, as her eyes flickered from a shade of purple to dark green.

"You jerks!" She snaps, opening her pack and revealing the three heavy stones they had placed in. "I could've hurt myself."

"They're just rocks Lili." Fili laughed. "And come on, like it wasn't funny?"

"Well it wasn't." She straightens herself and glares at the two of them, her eyes still green. "And frankly, neither is this nonsense about me not being able to do anything." She rounds on Thorin, who was about to tell off his nephews. "From now on, only I handle my pack."

Thorin looks at her, notes the anger in her eyes and nods. "Agreed. But if you need a hand-"

"Then I shall ask for it!" She yells and storms off towards her pony. "Honestly."

Fili and Kili received a mouthful for that one and were quickly forced to apologize, although it changed little.

Lili was angry for the next few days, but it was clear it was easing away as he eyes slowly returned to blue.

As they made camp one night, she approached Thorin.

"Uncle, can I at least make dinner? You know I don't like sitting and doing nothing, which is pretty much all I've been doing." She looks at him pleadingly and Thorin sighs.

"Very well." He says. "You may help Bombur, just be careful not to-" He stops as her eyes flash green. "Alright Lili, off you go."

So she was allowed to help Bombur, and by help, she quickly took control of, Bombur not minding, glad he could have a rest for one night.

It was as Lili was handing out the bowls that Bilbo noticed something different, there was an odd silver gleam in her eyes that he had never noticed before, and he was getting good at being able to tell her moods from one and another.

"Is everything alright Lili?" He asked as she hands him a bowl.

She smiles warmly at him. "Of course. It feels good to be able to do something for once."

But even her response was a little off and he frowns after her as she walks away. His eyes meet Thorin's across the fire and he knows he isn't the only one who's noticed. Thorin lifts the bowl slightly and then shakes his head, telling Bilbo not to eat it.

But all the others dug in, even Lili, although the glint of silver did not leave her eyes and she seemed more concerned about watching the others eat instead of actually eating.