Thorin ~ Moon 2

As Thorin is shoved into a cell, it doesn't take him long to notice a very terrified looking Zearah.

She looks up when the door slams and her eyes go wide.

"No..." He barely catches the word leaving her mouth

"We will get out of this." Thorin says carefully, even as the others start to ask questions.

"It's not a matter of that Thorin." She says as he turns back to her. "Tonight is a full moon..."

Thorin frowns. "We are inside."

She winces. "I do not need the light of the moon to turn Thorin, it just happens quicker, but inside like this..." She chews her lip heavily, the terror very clear in her eyes. "It...it is slow, and agonising, and incredibly dangerous. You have to get out of here Thorin."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" He asked gently. "We are stuck here, my moon."

Zearah's eyes filled with tears as she shakes her head. "No, you need to get out. You cannot be in here when I turn."

He quickly walks over to her, taking her face in his hands. "It will be alright Zearah, you did not hurt me last time."

"This is different, Thorin." Her voice broke. "My wolf...will be contained. There is no where to run."

He pressed his lips to her forehead. "We will manage, Zearah."

"Thorin-"

But he kisses her hard, silencing whatever she was going to say. Zearah does not resist, allowing him to have control, even as she feels herself shake.

She knew this would not end well.

He say with her as night fell, her head resting on his shoulder and his arm around her. Occasionally, as it normally does on the full moon, a bout of pain takes her, but he just holds her closer.

Finally, Zearah knows that the time is almost on her.

She whimpers, her body shuddering, and she hurriedly leaps to the other side of the cell.

Thorin goes to follow, but she holds up her hand.

"D-don't! You-you need to stay away, as far as possible!" There were tears in her eyes, even as she started tugging her clothes off, her face screwing up on pain. "If...if you were smart you'd c-call the guards, get them to get you out!"

"If I do that, they will kill you." He says softly.

"It would be better me than you!" She snaps and then buckles over, a groan leaving her.

Many of the dwarves were asking what was going on, but Zearah couldn't answer and Thorin didn't dare.

"It's a full moon!" Balin shouts. "Thorin you need to get out of there!"

Thorin remained silent, he was as far away from Zearah as he could be, her screams filling the air, her body turning very slowly.

He couldn't imagine the amount of pain she was in, from the ten minutes he saw her turn the first time, this seemed to go on for hours.

It was almost a relief when the werewolf straightened out, a deep, angry growl leaving her throat.

Thorin didn't dare move, even as the shouts of the others continued, trying to get the attention of the guards now.

But her gaze was locked with his, and she, very slowly, approached.

His heart hammered, but he still did not move.