Dwalin ~ Sitter

Based on an imagine found here:  http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/136694348808/imagine-dwalin-babysitting-thorins-kids

"Are you really sure about this?"

Dwalin bowed in respect.  "Of course my Queen, I did help raise Fili and Kili after all.  I'm sure these two are no different."

The Queen looked unconvinced and Thorin wore a knowing smirk next to her.

"Come amralime, he has offered.  Who are we to refuse a night to ourselves?"  Thorin gently takes her arm above the elbow and starts to lead her away.

The Queen still looks unconvinced.  "They are quite a handful though, even we struggle at times."

"He will manage love."

She stops, Thorin waiting patiently, as she turns back to Dwalin, hesitating a moment.

"I don't recommend falling asleep, you'll regret it more than when you did with Fili and Kili."  She said and then turned to the hall.  "Boys!  We are leaving now, we will see you later."

Two boys, both dark haired like their father and green eyed like their mother, came belting down the hall.

"Don't go mother, please don't."

"We will miss you terribly."

She laughs as Thorin shakes his head.

"Now you two, we will be back in the morning, so you two behave for Uncle Dwalin, alright?"  She said to them, giving them both a kiss on the cheek.

Two sets of green eyes turned to Dwalin, who just folds his arms.

The twin boys beam.

"Yes mother-"

"Of course mother."

"She means it boys."  Thorin growls at them as they both set their expressions to ones of innocence.  "Uncle Dwalin will take no nonsense from you, you know that."

The boys nod together.

"Bye father!"

"Have a good time with mother!"

Thorin refrains heavily from rolling his eyes and retakes her arm.  "Come on dear, before they suck up to you any more."

She does roll her eyes. "Yes, alright.  Dwalin, Madeline will be around in a few hours with supper, if you need her to stay please do not hesitate to ask her."

"Madeline?  I thought she wasn't back till the end of the week?"  Dwalin asked, frowning a little.

"She came back early but I didn't think it fair to throw the boys straight on her."  Thorin was insistently tugging at her arm.  "Yes, alright, I'm coming."

With a final goodnight, the King and Queen leave, leaving just Dwalin towering over the two boys.

"Now Thain-"

"Yes Uncle Dwalin?"

"And Frenin-"

"Yes Uncle Dwalin?"

He blinks at them.  "You two know what happens when you don't behave for me."

"Of course Uncle Dwalin."  They said together.

This always unsettled Dwalin when they did that.  Twins were rare enough amongst dwarves as it was, the fact that the King and Queen ended up with a set had come as a great shock, and these two had proved they were going to be a handful from almost day one.

At only ten years old, they were almost matching Fili and Kili for their mischief making.

Dwalin still wasn't sure why he had agreed to do this, as he was often the target of their pranks.  The wariness he could see on the Kings and Queen faces probably had helped to sway his judgement.