Bard ~ Sorry

Based on imagine found here:  http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/139864576000/imagine-kissing-bard-when-the-guards-are-searching

I was trying to refrain from rolling my eyes, the guard once again wishing to know where Bard was.

It was making them water.

I rubbed them. "Look, for the upteenth time, I do not know. He has his own life to lead."

"We know you are close."

"As friends, which means I do not follow him around everywhere."

This seemed to irritate the guard and he grumbles something before storming off.

"That man has too much of a penchant for trouble." I mutter to myself.

The man in question then ducked out from under my store table, a sheepish grin on his face. "I cannot thank you enough for still allowing me to do that."

I fold my arms in a pretend scalding fashion. "I'm pretty sure I remember saying don't make it a habit."

He chuckles. "You did, but I also said I couldn't guarantee that."

Now I do roll my eyes. "Be off with you then, before they come back to bother me."

Bard laughs and then kisses the top of my head quickly. "Thank you Revina, I'll pay you back some day."

I playfully hit him. "Don't you worry about it, just keep out of trouble."

He grins. "No promises."

I shake my head as he walks away, quickly disappearing into the crowds of people and maze that made up Lake-town.

"You keep hurting yourself Rey." I mutter to myself before returning to my stall.

It had been like this for a long time, Bard and I had been friends for many years, we'd both gone through our own marriages and griefs and then remained there for each other along the way. Our children were also friends, helping look after each other until Bard and I were able to return for the night.

Somewhere along the line, I had found a new love for the man, and despite all I told myself, couldn't rid myself of the feelings.

We had both lost our partners in the winter about four years before. The cold had claimed many that year and there had been little that either of us could do. Bard's wife left behind two daughters and a son, my husband left behind two sons, neither of who were old enough to really work yet.

We had promised each other to help as much as we could, after all, we both knew we would struggle and that the children would struggle. Bard kept his barge running, going out for long hours on the lake, while I kept my husband's small stall open, even though many offered to buy it, they were offers I could not accept.

With Bard labelled a troublemaker, life got a little harder for both of us as the Master watched his every move, hence why he had taken up the habit of hiding under my table.

And yet, it came to no surprise to me, because it was clear that the Master was corrupt, and Bard was the only one that seemed willing to speak about it.

It certainly came to no surprise when I spotted him smuggling dwarves into Lake-town.

I gave a small sigh to myself and helped distract the guards away from him and the dwarves. This I was going to need an explanation for.

Night fell and I soon found myself knocking on Bard's door.

Sigrid opened it, looking worried before she broke into a grin and threw her arms around me. "Revina!"