Thranduil ~ Picture

Based on an imagine found here: http://imaginexhobbit.tumblr.com/post/147853680623/imagine-dancing-with-thranduil-in-the-rain

You hummed, enjoying the sound of the rain outside, something about it always putting you at peace. With a very relaxed hand, you focused on your current painting, putting the finishing touches on the wild garden that you had found one wandering day and imprinted it into your memory.

"Been wandering the wilds again, meleth?" A familiar voice sounded behind you.

You smiled as you continued to work. "I must draw my inspiration from somewhere."

Thranduil sighs, his hands wrapping around your waist as he gently rests his head on your shoulders, watching you work. "Did you at least arm yourself this time?"

You roll your eyes and then proceed to dab his nose with your paint brush, leaving an orange blot. "I am not as careless as some would think Thranduil."

He screws his nose up, but does not move. "Was that necessary?"

"I am simply adding more colour to you."

"Last I checked, I did not need more colour."

"That's what you think."

Thranduil snorts and in a swift movement, he spins you around, pressing his nose yours as you give a small squeak.

You give a small pout. "Was that necessary?"

He grins. "Yes meleth, it was."

"Melui..." You sigh. "You enjoy distracting me."

"I enjoy a lot of things, my queen," He places a soft kiss to your lips. "Distracting you may be one of them, this is true, but I have been watching you paint for a while now."

You felt heat flood your cheeks. "I have asked you to tell me when you do that."

He just smiles warmly. "I intended to, but you are completely mesmerising when you work, especially when you start to sing and hum. I had actually quiet forgotten what I came in to talk to you about."

Sighing, you go to scald him further until his fingers brushed your cheek and he pressed his lips to yours again.

"That's right," He said thoughtfully. "I was coming to make you have a break."

"Well, it has been nice," You said, trying to turn away from him and go back to your work. "But this will not-"

"Finish itself, no, it will not." He holds onto you. "But it can wait for a moment. Come, walk with me meleth."

"Thranduil-"

"Y/N, take a moment and enjoy some time with your husband." He gave you a coy look, one that had you curious.

Sighing and resigning to insistent hand in yours, you placed your brush down. "Fine, but hold a moment." You pick up a cloth that you usually wiped your hands on and rubbed your nose, getting the paint off, then did the same to him, unable to help the smile that crossed your lips. "Can hardly let the people think we have too much fun."

Entwining your hand in his, he still smiles. "I'm sure they would not mind."

You walked together through your kingdom, the rain still pattering down above, causing a soft smile to come to you as you walked, one that Thranduil noticed and made him smile to.

You paused as Thranduil pushed open a door. "Where are we going Thranduil?"

"You will see." He said, waiting for you before he continued.

"I do not have my coat." You said with a frown.

"You do not need one, otherwise I would have grabbed mine too."

You walk, but a little slower now, unsure of what he had planned.

Sure enough, he opened another door, leading outside.

"Come meleth," Thranduil took your hand before you could protest, the rain engulfing you both.

"We will be soaked in minutes." You squeaked. You enjoyed the rain, but not so much like this.

"Hush and trust me."

Continuing quickly, you found yourself quickly under the trees, slightly protected now, but Thranduil continued forward, still leading on.

You were more than a little annoyed now. "As much as I enjoy the rain melui, this isn't exactly what I enjoy about it."

He just smiles back at you, making you roll your eyes again.

Then, you entered another space, one that took your breath away.

It was a clearing of sorts, but the trees around seemed to reach over in a high, thick canopy, almost stopping the rain which would occasionally shimmer down in glistening drops. Light filtered through small gaps, creating beams that lit up the green of the forest floor and the flowers slowing coming into bloom. As the rain would hit the beams of light, small rainbows would light the space and you truly knew you had never seen such a beautiful place.

You were almost hesitant to walk forward, even as your eyes took in the details, committing it all to memory.

"I have been wanting to show you this for a while," Thranduil spoke softly from behind you, having let you move forward. "But the weather was never right until today."

"Oh melui..." You were still unsure of how to react. "It is beautiful."

"It is, a beautiful place for a beautiful lady whom I adore above everything else." Thranduil takes your hand. "Come meleth, it is better when you are in it."

He leads you forward until you reach the center, and there you are surrounded by the fine rain, glistening in soft rainbows, splashing colour around you. It was like a dream you could never quite remember.

The soft patter of the rain filled the space and you shut your eyes for a moment, drawing in a deep breath.

Thranduil took you in arms, kissing the top of your head before pressing his lips to your ear. "Dance with me."

You smiled, turning to him as you open your eyes again. "I cannot think of a more perfect picture."

"Nor can I." He sweeps you into a momentary deep kiss, sealing the perfect moment.

Practically leaning against each other, you begin a slow dance at first, enjoying the peace you shared, but then a giggle leaves you as Thranduil takes your hand and spins you, water flying from your dress as you turn, and brings you back to him.

Soon, laughter filled the space as you lightly danced together, spinning in the rain, creating your own colours and filling the small space with an air of joy.

You had little doubt of what your next painting would be, just as you both had little doubt about where you would both be going now each time it rained.