All Lifeguards - Concert

Riley's POV:

I couldn't believe that there was a Taylor Swift concert going on at the beach tonight. I was super excited as I was a really big fan but I had to be with the lifeguards working with the security team so we could keep Taylor safe I was kind of annoyed about that because I couldn't enjoy the concert. Yes, I should be happy that I could watch the concert for free but I was mainly annoyed because I had to make sure people didn't get past barriers. That meant that I couldn't just watch her sing.

At the moment Taylor was singing my most favourite song which was Love Story. She has already sung her recent hits and she was now singing some songs that the audience was requesting. I don't know who but someone requested Love Story and at the moment I am trying not to dance around because I was trying to act professional around the others. Suddenly Jethro came up to me and then said "Hey, Riles. If you want to dance around, I don't mind. I'll cover your post for you."

"Thank you so much. Do the others know about this?"

"No. Don't worry. I'll tell Hoppo after that it was my idea. I can tell you are going to burst any second. So, go have some fun." I then move away from the barrier and then start dancing around. I also start singing with the audience. I don't know why but after around 30 seconds of me singing everyone around me becomes quiet and once I realise I look at Jethro and then see Hoppo standing with Jethro. They were both looking at me in shock and I then stop singing and then walk to them and then say "What? Is there something wrong?"

"No there isn't anything wrong. You're just a really amazing singer," Hoppo says.

"Thanks. I didn't know that I was that good," I say to them.

"Well, you are." I then hear the music stop for some reason because I knew that the song wasn't over. I saw someone on the stage with Taylor and they then look at me and they continue talking. I don't know what they were saying but suddenly Taylor says "Can Riley Andrews come to the stage please?" I then looked shocked because that was me she was calling so I walked over to the steps and then walked up the steps.

Once I got to Taylor, she turned to me and then said, "Do you want to sing the song with me? One of my stage managers heard you singing and they told me that you were really good. So I was wondering if you wanted to sing the song with me?"

"Oh my god. Really. Yes. Yes, I will sing with you."

"Great. Here is the microphone and do you want to start from the start of the song?"

"Yes, is that is alright with you?"

"Yes, it's fine." They start playing the music from the start and Taylor and I start singing together. While I was singing, I look down at the other boys and see them filming me and some of them looked like they were cheering me on. I looked back at Jethro and Hoppo and they looked super proud of me.

As the night passed, I sang a few more songs with Taylor before I left the stage to go back to doing what I was supposed to do. I then talked to Hoppo and Jethro while I was doing my job and we talked about me singing with Taylor. I really enjoyed it and by 10.45 pm the concert ended so we all went home to get some rest for the next day at work as we knew that it was going to be a long one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading this chapter. Just to let you know. I have never been to a concert or watched one so I don't know what happens at one. This chapter is only out this late because I was watching Fifty Shades of Grey with my sister and my Mum. Hope you have enjoyed this chapter.

From

Nicci 💙