Crying in the Club

You watched him from across the room. You could see only him in the sea of people. So you swam through to catch your prey.

You slid into the bar stool next to him. He was crying from what you could tell. The bartender asked you what you wanted.

"Get me what he's drinking." You pointed to the man next to you.

He was broken and you wanted to fix him. You didn't even know him, but you needed to fix him.

"Can I ask you what's wrong?" You asked him.

"Would you even care?" He replied.

"I obviously would since I asked, but you don't have to tell me." You thanked the bartender for your drink before taking a sip.

"My girlfriend died." He blurted out.

"Oh... I'm- I'm so sorry." You apologized.

"She was shot in the head eight in front of me." He sobbed out.

"Don't cry please don't cry." Your eyes started to tear up.

You may think, that you'll die without her
But you know that's a lie that you told yourself
You fear that you'll never meet another so pure
It ain't true, it ain't true, it ain't true, no

"Do you want to dance?"

"Excuse me?" He looked angry, but confused.

"You don't have to know it's me, you can pretend I'm her." You offered.

You brought him to the dance floor where everyone else was. There was one spot where it felt quiet. Or maybe it was just the lighting. You took his hand in yours and he put his other hand on your waist.

So put your arms around me tonight
Let the music lift you up
Like you've never been so high
Open up your heart to me
Let the music lift you up
Like you've never been this free
'Til you feel the sunrise
Let the music warm your body
Like the heat of a thousand fires
The heat of a thousand fires

He soon moved his hand to wrap around your waist. His head fell in the crook of you neck. You let him sway to the sound of the music.

You wondered what he was thinking in the moment. Was he feeling what he used to with his other girlfriend.

Ain't no crying in the club (Hey, hey)
Let the beat carry, your tears as they fall baby
Ain't no crying in the club (Hey, hey)
With a little faith, your tears turn to ecstasy
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I-
Ain't no crying in the club
I won't, I won't, I-
Ain't no crying in the club

Spencer tried to think of Maeve, but he could only feel what you were sending off. The feeling of care.

He wanted to see Maeve. Why couldn't he see Maeve? He could only see you. Not that he was complaining, because you're beautiful. Spencer couldn't let his heart fall for you.

"Thank you." Spencer pulled away.

"Y/n, my name is Y/n." You told him.

"Spencer."

"You're welcome, I hope I helped."

"Yeah you kind of did." He nodded.

He turned his back to you and in the moment you knew it was over. You knew that you had helped him and that was all you needed.

"Hey Spencer..." you yelled at him through the music.

"No more crying in the club alright." You told him.

"No more crying in the club." He repeated.

You smiled as he walked away to find the front door. You were left in the middle of the dance floor alone. You would now have the feeling that you would never see him again, but you realized something. Ain't no crying in the club.

A/N: song Crying in the Club by Camila Cabello