What's Right

Spencer made confident strides as he entered the conference room. He was slightly nervous about what he was about to present to the team. He knew they probably wouldn't accept it.

"Reid has a case to present so Garcia..." Hotch trailed off. He wanted Garcia to give Reid the remote.

"Alright boy Wonder." She handed him the remote.

Spencer clicked the remote button and smiled when it worked.

A picture flashed on the screen. Spencer marveled at it, seeing something he couldn't get out of his head.

"This is Y/n Y/l/n, she was convicted and charged with the murder of her male co-worker."

"So she killed a man Reid, why is this a case." Derek asked.

"I don't believe she killed anyone, the profile doesn't match."

Spencer began to continue clicking through the pictures.

"Reid can I ask why you're interested in this particular case?" Morgan asked again.

"She reached out to me and I started looking into her case, I found it interesting."

"Wait Spence she's in prison, what did she do? Write a letter?" JJ asked.

"She wrote a letter to me and I don't think that she killed that man." Spencer pleaded. "Just meet her and you'll see why I think what I think."

"We're taking the case." Hotch put his foot down and it was final.

Spencer smiled and nodded. "Spencer take Morgan and JJ to the prison, the rest of us we will look back into this case."

The ride to the women's prison wasn't long, but it felt forever to Spencer. JJ had noticed Spencer's tapping on his leg. It showed his eagerness to get to the destination.

"How long have you been talking to Y/n Reid?" JJ asked.

"A couple months." That was a straight lie.

When they pulled up to the prison Spencer was the first to get out. He was also well known at the check in.

"Dr. Reid? Are you here to see Ms. Y/l/n again?" The lady asked.

"Yes, but this is now a federal investigation and I'm gonna need a room to speak to her." He flashed her his badge.

JJ and Morgan also flashed their badges.

The lady pressed a button and then spoke onto her talkie thing. "Just a minute, he's gonna take you to the room."

You sat in the courtyard on the bench reading a book. You weren't bothered by what was going on around you. Not until the guards picked you up and hand cuffed you. You were pushed and dragged to an interrogation room. You said nothing as they opened the door.

"Spencer?" You smiled when you saw your ball of sunshine.

"Y/n..." Spencer sighed in relief. "You can un-handcuff her she's not a threat to me."

They let you go and you gave a small wave to Spencer.

"Y/n, I want you to meet Derek Morgan and Jennifer Jareau they're part of the team." Spencer introduced you. "The team decided to take your case."

"Are you serious?" You grinned from ear to ear. You never thought that anyone would believe you, but you were glad someone did.

"I honestly think you did kill your co worker and now you want to get out so you can kill again." Morgan blurted out.

"Morgan..." Reid turned to glare at him.

"No, Spencer it's fine, I understand that you are worried that I'm playing you guys." You sat down. "But I'm telling you I didn't kill Nick."

"I believe you." JJ spoke up.

"JJ?" Morgan shot her a look.

"Reid can I have a word with you in the hall?" Morgan asked m.

"Yeah, Y/n tell JJ everything." Spencer stepped out the door.

"Look kid I know you're still grieving over Maeve it happened almost a year ago."

"This isn't about Maeve Derek."

"This is about something Reid, because I know you're smart enough to see that she's lying to you, Reid she's using you to get out of here."

"Derek you don't know what I know." Spencer argued.

"You're right, but I do know what you don't know."

"What's that?"

"You're in love with her."

Spencer shook his head and reached for the door. "That's not possible."

"You know it is Reid." Morgan stopped him.

Spencer shook his head and walked back into the room.

"We're going to get you out of here, I promise."

A/N: Part 2 coming maybe if people want it.