𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖘 𝕬𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖆☾ part 2

The stage lights never felt so bright as you stood in the arena with Hisoka, the stakes were high and so were your nerves as you tried your best to hold your ground. Since your fights were broadcasted he already knew some of your main nen, but he didn't know of one move you had been working on and have yet to use on an opponent. You could cancel out someone's nen during a fight, but that means you can't use your nen as well only fighting hand to hand combat. After inspecting Hisokas fight with Kastro you knew his first approach was to see what you were made of first, or distract you and place his bungee gum on you. So when the fight started with a sly grin on Hisokas painted face, you knew this fight was a test of strategy and creativity.

Once it started you walked cautiously using Gyo to your eyes to see if he will start attaching his bungee gum. You were always best at defense so waiting for the first move was your best bet.

Hisoka chuckled softly, "I see... ohkaaaay~" He released his bungee gum as you immediately turned off his nen.

"Cancel full counter!" You stopped him from using his nen, creating a hand to hand combat. Which at first was the best idea to you but looking at Hisoka with his broad chest and thick veiny muscles, a mistake is what you felt like you made.

"Ooooooh... I haven't seen that one before~"

You quickly lunged at the man with your balled fists placing continuous punches to his face, it was almost too easy as you landed every single hit.

"Sooooo much potential... that fire!.... that drive!.... ohhhhhh I can't wait, to break you~"

The mans creepy rant made you pause with an angry scowl on your face. "Break me? Who does this clown think he is!" You complained to yourself.

"Oh don't look at me like that (y/n)~"

You were about to place another punch but he swiftly dodged it and almost punched you into a state of unconscious as you flew across the arena. Blood trickled from your lips and your face ached as you activated your nen which allowed Hisoka to activate his again. You now understand that fighting him head on was not an option, you needed to be cunning and smart. Landing those punches earned you some points but Hisokas massive punch earned him some as well, almost enough for him to win the whole match. You wiped the blood off with your sleeve and got into a defense position, you were practically itching for him to use his nen so you could counter it. The fight began again with Hisoka throwing his nen infused cards using shu as you countered it back to him every time, easily escaping the high speed throws. But what you didn't know was this was a test of endurance, he was testing your weakness which was that countering too much at one time really drains your aura and makes you tired. You quickly took notice and stopped using your nen to defend against his attacks but your agile reflexes, flexibility, and speed.

"Fight me for real Hisoka!" You shouted in pure frustration.

"Ahhh... such ripe fruit~"

You screamed in pure vexation and charged at the man with Ko to your right fist as you punched him so hard he went flying and landed roughly onto the arena floor. You hoped that it would have earned you enough points to win but it didn't and as Hisoka got up you were pulled towards him by your wrist. He had secretly stuck his bungee gum there while you were distracted on the punch. Your body pressed up against him as you looked face to face with the golden eyed man.

"So much potential... killing you would be such a waste~"

"What are you talking about?" You questioned the man.

He only smirked and you felt an excruciating pain hit your leg and a loud crack echoed throughout the stadium making everyone cringe. You fell down onto the floor trying not to cry from the pain, the fight was over and Hisoka won since he earned the most points in the referees eyes. You were taken the the infirmary where your leg was pronounced broken, you felt so dumb for fighting Hisoka. That experience made you learn that sheer determination was not enough, you indeed needed advanced strength in both the mind and body. You knew that you couldn't face the Tenashi's if they were anything like Hisoka, Zeno, Silva, or Illumi. They were way out of your league, fighting them and winning felt like the impossible, your confidence diminished. You just wanted to go back home... wherever that was, your leg was aching and your chest felt heavy from the two days of built up breast milk which started to leak and seep through your shirt. Suddenly Hisoka entered your hospital room and you quickly activated your nen in response.

"No need to get defensive... if I wanted to kill you I would have done it back there~"

"Then why didn't you end my life on the spot?"

Hisoka approached your hospital bed and began to choke you, "Because that would be a waste... why would I kill someone with so much potential~" Hisoka slipped you a paper with his number and left as you breathed heavily from his choking. You didn't care to ever meet that psychotic killer clown and just wanted to leave as you called Gotoh to come get you. The thought of facing Illumi when you get back to Kukuroo mountain scared you since you directly disobeyed his order and now you were hurt. You just wanted to see Toshimae and cuddle him to sleep, that was the comfort and joy you needed in the moment.
••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••<••