𝕸𝖞 𝕭𝖆𝖇𝖞︎♡︎ part 1

You were six months pregnant and were playing with your baby boy in his playpen with Ms. Fritz. Toshimae was eight months old and was a slowly developing baby. Holding his head up was still hard for him, he was considered very small for his age, and he has yet to crawl. The doctor told you that he's just a late bloomer and to wait at least a year before getting too worried but you were still concerned.

"Okay Toshimae come to mommy!" You sat on the huge baby blanket on the floor ushering for him to start crawling towards you. He laid on his stomach trying to keep his head up while moving his arms and legs, but was having immense difficulties as you watched him struggle to move.

"Come on! You got it my love!" You cheered him on.

He continued trying to crawl as he whined from frustration, he was trying his absolute best but it wasn't enough as his neck was tired of supporting his head causing it slump down. In this position he couldn't see and he tried to look at you but couldn't, he had no control of his tiny and weak body making him cry for help. You went to pick him up and comforted the distressed infant in your arms, if Illumi saw this he would be mad since he believed you were babying him too much. 

"Maybe you should practice some more tummy time with him." Ms. Fritz suggested.

"Yeah that's probably what he needs." You laid him back down on his stomach, securely on top of the thick cushion blanket so he could safely develop his muscles. You massaged the back of his neck and shoulders to stimulate the tissues and ligaments inside. He crooned softly and started using his arm and shoulder muscles to inch his body forwards. "Good job! Mommy's proud of you Toshimae."

"He's doing much better (y/n) dear." Ms. Fritz commented.

He continued until he got tired and was heaving out of breath, you picked him up and gave him kisses on his plush cheeks. "That was excellent Toshimae."

"What was excellent?" Illumi questioned as he walked in.

"Toshimaes progress, he's trying his hardest and I'm so proud."

"Let me see." Illumi said.

You didn't want to wear your son out since he already did so good today, but you thought one more minute of tummy time wouldn't hurt. So you set him down on his belly and tried to make him crawl towards you. Just like last time he slowly used his neck and shoulders to lift up his head while using his arms to inch his body forward. You smiled once he finally reached you, "That was fantastic!" You picked him up and praised him.

Illumi frowned and spoke, "I thought you said he made progress, he can't even use his back legs to fully crawl. He's just creeping."

"Yes I know but he will get there eventually, he's working at his own pace and making better strides everyday."

"I think I will be taking over from now on, it's clear to me now that you are coddling him too much."

"No I'm not, I'm encouraging him to try again. You should never put him down when he's trying his best."

"I agree with you (y/n) dear, you're doing a great job and so is Toshimae." Ms. Fritz added.

Illumi sat down in front of you and you gave him a smooch on the cheek, he undid your robe so he could rub your tummy. It was just a regular day at the Zoldyck estate and you were pretty bored with little to do. "Hey, we should have a picnic at the park." You spoke. There was a playground set up close to the mansion and memories flashed through your head of when you saw Killua and Alluka play all day long out there. You imagined a day where Toshimae and your new baby would play together to.

"That would be great we can get some vitamin C in the sun." Ms. Fritz suggested.

"That sounds nice, what about it Illu? Will you be joining?" You questioned.