𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖒𝖔𝖔𝖓 part 2

Four hours passed and you continued waiting in severe mental agony as you watched over Illumi. He hadn't moved even a single muscle as he tried his best to stay awake and not succumb to sleep which would lead to immediate death.

"How are you feeling?" You questioned him.

"I'm fine." Illumi replied breathlessly.

You could tell that he wasn't as under the sheets he pressed firmly on his wound which still continued to bleed out.

You caressed the top of his head and continued speaking gently to him so he could stay awake. "I wonder what we'll do for Christmas this year? Maybe you could dress up as Santa for the kids-..."

"(y/n)-..."

"And maybe we could go skiing or snow boarding in the mountains and sing Christmas carols and-.."

"(y/n)!" Illumi interrupted.

You gasped and shifted your attention to the assassin who had a serious expression.

"We need to talk." He said.

"About what?"

"About our families future, this is important so you better pay attention."

You nodded in understanding and looked him in the eyes, giving him your undivided attention.

The assassin brought his cold hands to your cheeks and cupped them firmly, pulling you close so that you could hear his faint whispers.

"Look." He said. "I have a secret bank account with enough money to support the family for a lifetime. In the safe of my office you will find a note with all the details to access it."

"But I don't know how to open the safe... I don't have the password."

"That brings me to my next important point... so please remember this. The password is a sentence with four words that I can't express to you verbally."

"What? Illumi stop with the riddles and tell me exactly what the code is."

"Not all closed eyes are asleep (y/n)."

You scrunched your brows in confusion but then turned your head to see Hisoka who was "sleeping" peacefully... and then you understood what he meant.

"Okay but is there any other hint you can give me?"

"No but you're a smart woman, figure it out."

"Okay but why are you even telling me this anyways?"

Illumi placed his pointer finger on his lips, signaling for you to hush. "I'm not finished with what I have to say." He said. "In the safe there are also passports and fake files for you and the kids, if you are ever forced to flee somewhere they will come in handy. In addition there is my hunters license, sell it if need be but it's more useful in keeping as it grants you access to restricted locations."

"Love... stop telling me all this... you're making it seem like you're... you're dying."

"Don't worry, just focus on the things I'm saying. On my phone there are files upon files of voice recordings. Listen to them whenever you're unsure of something. Now that concludes my last point."

"So can you answer my question now... why are you telling me this?"

"(y/n), I am trained to consider all possibilities... even death. My job puts my life at risk everyday, I'm merely just covering my bases telling you this."

You whined a throaty gasp as you sat up and expressed a look of absolute horror on your face. "Don't say that, you're going to make it!"

"Lower your voice, this is something to be considered. If I die you have to move on, of course you're not allowed to romantically love anyone else but you cannot allow your mourning to cloud your senses."