𝕾𝖎𝖕... 𝖙𝖆𝖕

It was seven o'clock pm and you sat in the large backseat of one of the Zoldyck family limos next to Illumi while the butler up front drove to the animal shelter.

It was quiet and you watched as Illumi took small sips of the whiskey in his mini glass as he slowly tapped the tip of his fingers on his thigh.

You watched him with sheer curiosity as he kept that act up for a while.

*sip*

*tap*

*sip*

*tap*

*sip*

*tap*

It wasn't until you heard soft pelts begin to sound in intervals until they gradually increased to a downpour that you realized it began to rain.

You cursed under a low breath, "Damn." You didn't want to get your hair wet since you forgot to bring a jacket with a hoodie.

Practically reading your mind, Illumi assured you, "I brought an Umbrella."

You frowned suspiciously at the way his voice was deeper than usual, since it was in the early night time his voice should be an octave higher like it usually was.

Worriedly, you gently grabbed his free hand and brought it close to your chest as you looked into his eyes with concern.

"What's on your mind?" You questioned him.

Illumi groaned as he sat his empty shot glass in the cup holder next to him and looked at you stoically.

"I'm thinking about upcoming events, that's all." He spoke calmly.

You cocked your head to the side and slightly furrowed your brows as you listened to what he had to say.

"(y/n)." He rubbed your head with the palm of his hand as he continued. "When I think about leaving to complete my job with Hisoka, I feel an ache when I consider you. So enlighten me and tell me why that is?"

To you it was obvious that he was going to miss you and everything you do when he leaves.

In Illumi's mind all that was racing were questions pertaining you.

Who's going to perfectly polish my large needle set?

Who's going to neatly brush my hair in the morning?

Who's going to kiss my cheek everyday?

Who's going to tell me I love you everyday?

You tugged gently at Illumi's shirt to get his attention. And it did, snapping him out of his questioning thoughts.

"What if I go with you? I can help kill Hisoka."

Illumi didn't answer you but instead leaned to the side and rested his head on your shoulder.

His warm breath grazed your neck sending waves of chills throughout your body.

You knew asking Illumi if you could go with him was a stupid question, it was obviously a no so the assassin didn't bother to answer.