𝕱𝖑𝖆𝖜𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 part 3

You stared at Illumi's who's endearing facial expression changed to a blank look. It worried you, knowing how brutally honest he can be you feared he would do something or say something harsh.

"I'm sorry." You pleaded solemnly. "I will return all the items in the basket, I thought I was pregnant at the time I told you."

"I see, so you lied to me (y/n)." Illumi replied.

He unwrapped his arms around you and groaned as he scooted back to his side of the couch.

You began to unknowingly shake as you tried your best to explain yourself. "I didn't mean to, I thought I was really pregnant. All the symptoms were there like the throwing up and constant sleeping."

"Oh, so you thought by rushing in telling me I would immediately cancel my contract with Hisoka?"

"No... no I just couldn't wait to tell you."

"You couldn't wait to tell me so I would make a rash decision to stay. Enlighten me (y/n), why is it that you want me to stay so badly."

"Because, I want to spend time with you."

Illumi frowned and took in a deep breath as he raked his hands through his long hair in frustration, making his bun fall completely apart.

It was like the more you opened your mouth the more it pissed him off.

"Illumi." You spoke. "I answer all your questions but you continue to put words in my mouth. What can I say to make things right?"

The assassin tightened his fists as he replied sternly, "All you have to say is the truth, even if I don't like it, even if you did wrong, It's honesty, which is a bitter pill I can swallow."

You nibbled at your lower lip as you felt your throat became hoarse and dry, you've been saying all the things you thought would satisfy him but in reality they were meaningless fibs.

Now you could only hope that if you say the truth, Illumi would at least forgive you.

"The truth is, I told you I was pregnant without one hundred percent knowing on purpose so you would hurry and cancel the contract with Hisoka even if it turns out I wasn't pregnant."

"Much better (y/n), but you're still not done. Now why do you want me to stay?"

"Is it not obvious? I'm scared that you'll end up failing in your job to kill Hisoka and he ends up killing you." Tears streamed down your face and you said to hell with the distance between you and Illumi and crawled into his arms.

"I can't... I won't let Hisoka take you away!" You cried in the crook of his shoulder as you wrapped your arms around him and squeezed him gently.

Illumi sighed and embraced you back as he leaned his forehead against yours and pecked it softly.
"(y/n)." He spoke. "You know as an assassin I never go up against a superior opponent. If I wasn't sure of absolute victory then I wouldn't take the job."

"I know, I just still worry. You're my love and I never want you to be harmed. And again I'm sorry if my lies hurt you."

"No need to apologize anymore, the truth has been said already. You see, I'm a murderer by nature, I kill for money and feel no shroud of remorse. My moral conscious is almost non existent. (y/n), you can do sick harm to others and I wouldn't care, as long as your faithful and never try to do harm to the Zoldyck family. You can brutally murder an entire family and I will still look at you as the same beautiful and kind wife of mine."

You looked up at Illumi and grinned from his words.

He stared at your little smile then pressed his forehead against yours.