𝕷𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖀𝖕

The next day

It was a typical afternoon on the Zoldyck estate, Illumi cooped up in his office, the children napping, and the rest of the family going about their usual business.   

With little to do you decided to begin your usual walk around the estate, starting with a visit to Gotoh's grave.

And so you threw on one of your comfortable gowns and a pair of sturdy shoes before you left the mansion.

*Shoes picked out by the lovely people of the discord server, thank you; love you💐

*Shoes picked out by the lovely people of the discord server, thank you; love you💐.*
-

The walk wasn't long and the weather was moderately warm so you took your time picking a ton of flowers and gathering twigs to make a bouquet.

It smelled beautiful, just like a floral perfume. Not like an artificial scent but more so natural in its earthy bliss... it was perfect.

You continued on your walk with the bouquet in hand but something was off, you felt as though you were being watched. You figured it was Kikyo who always kept close watch on everything that happened on the estate.

She was harmless as long as you go about your business normally and not arise even the slightest suspicion. And so you carried yourself along as though no one was looking and you didn't know a thing.

It seemed to work since you didn't sense her watchful gaze anymore. But finally you made it to Gotoh's grave in which you immediately fell to your knees. It happens every time you visit, just a single sight of it weakens you to your knees.

"It's okay.... it's okay." Is what you whispered under your breath.

You placed your homemade bouquet on the front of the grave stone, next to the butlers coin and the can of beer he last drank before he died.

You couldn't believe it's been a year since his death, and still, life doesn't feel the same without him. I mean the Zoldyck's hired a Kiriko to pose as Gotoh to conceal his death but that you couldn't get by the fact that it's not really him.

The Gotoh who treated you as his own daughter, the Gotoh who watched over you, the Gotoh who taught you right and wrong.... the Gotoh who was just... there.