𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕶𝖎𝖈𝖐❀ part 4

"Would you like to know the gender of the baby?" The doctor asked.

You were in the med bay getting a usual check up, with Illumi and Ms. Fritz by your side, you were hoping to find out more information about the development of the baby.

"No I want it to be a surprise." You answered.

"Okay, we just need to check your blood pressure before we start the ultra sound."

You nodded and he tied the band around your arm and it squeezed you uncomfortably, you waited for the usual beep signaling that it was over.

"Oh my (y/n).... what have you been doing? Your blood pressure is 140/90."

"I've been doing what you said."

"Are you sure because this is dangerously high, I'm going to keep you in here overnight."

You huffed in annoyance since you really didn't want to be in here, let alone all night by yourself. It was time for the ultra sound and you laid back while the doctor pulled your shirt up. You shivered as he applied the icy cold liquid to your stomach, looking at the monitor you saw your baby who had a head with a developing body.

You heard the doctor hum worriedly then he spoke, "So the baby is positioned in a way where the legs are facing front which is bad because it should be the head. This is called a breech and if the baby dosent get repositioned then we have to to plan for a cesarean section."

"A c-section?" You brought your hands to your face and started to cry, you couldn't help it because of all the hormones and terrible news you've gotten today so far.

"It's going to be alright there are exercises you can do to reposition the head, I will give you a regiment to follow."

"Okay, so do you know what the gender is?"

"Yes, I will print out the paperwork and put it in an envelope."

"Can you please give the envelope to my grandmother, she's planning the reveal party."

"Sure thing I will have it printed out here in a second along with some ultra sound pictures." He cleaned off the liquid on your belly and you pulled your shirt down while waiting for the information to print. You looked at Illumi who's hair was being lightly pulled on by Toshimae, you smiled at the pair and looked at Ms. Fritz who eyed Illumi up and down suspiciously. You started to wonder if something happened between them that you didn't know about, it just seemed so odd for her to harbor such hate for him. You pondered the thought more until a sudden wave of cramps hit, you clutched your stomach and whimpered.

Ms. Fritz immediately went to your aid and asked if you were alright, "Would you like some tea, I will go make some of my pain relief tea for you."

"Wait, I want you to take the envelope first so I don't get curious."

Ms. Fritz took the paperwork that entailed the gender of the baby and left to go bring you the promised tea, the doctor set you up onto the monitor and left.

You still laid down bed ridden for the day, Illumi was still in the room holding Toshimae, when you looked into the long haired assassins eyes you saw the same detachment he had when he first heard the baby was going to die. He prepared himself for the worst which hurt you since he had no hope, and last night when the baby kicked you felt like he was finally on board but now he's back at square one. You sighed and held in your useless tears while trying to handle the cramp pain.

"I have to leave (y/n), for a job." Illumi spoke.

You turned your face to him with a look of disappointment, "Fine, just hand me Toshimae." You replied. He did just that and you held the sleepy baby in your arms, he laid on your warm chest in his adorable kitten onesie with a matching beanie that you bought. Illumi promptly left which rubbed you the wrong way because he didn't give his usual kiss on the forehead nor rub on the belly before he exited.