𝕬 𝕵𝖔𝖇 𝕺𝖋 𝕹𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘 part 2

The both of you headed inside the building as you crept slowly through the dimly lit hallway. It was beautifully decorated with patterned rugs and candle lights which made it look sophisticated.

On the walls hung portraits of rich aristocrats spanning generations, and in each set there was a man, a woman, and a child who is male.

"Where are we?" You questioned lowly.

Illumi paused as he failed to mention the rundown of this job, and so he grabbed you and led you to an isolated nearby corner to tell all. He held you close as he kneeled on the floor with you on his lap.

"We're in the Yuzo family mansion." He whispered in your ear."

"Oh, but who's the Yuzo family?"

"They're similar to us being that they're of the elite but they earn money by producing, smuggling, and distributing illegal drugs. My target is the head of the family Karl Yuzo." Illumi answered.

"Okay, I fully trust whatever plan you have to eliminate your target. I shall follow you again." You said.

And with that the both of you stood up and went back to creeping around the gigantic house to find Karl.

Illumi held your wrist tight as he rubbed his thumb along the palm of your hand while you stared at his figure, watching how focused he was.

"Are you paying attention?" He spoke.

You blinked rapidly and let out a soft breath. "To what?"

The assassin clicked his tongue on the roof of his mouth and tightened his jaw. "You're supposed to be taking notes, watching as I do. You're only here to learn, you serve no purpose here besides that so watch closely."

"Okay, but I was following what you're doing."

"Not exactly, your footsteps are too loud they should be almost inaudible." Illumi hummed, "My grandfather did teach you that, I'm guessing it's because you need to hit the gym."

You and gasped and scowled from his indirect insult. "I'll have you know that I had three kids..... and I still look well."

Illumi hummed. "True." He replied.

You smiled slyly and let out a sassy huff in reply as you continued walking. In the distance you began to hear muffled wails, like it was coming from a child.

"Illumi, do you hear that?" You questioned.

"My ears have been trained to pick up a variety of sounds, you have to be specific (y/n)."

"Well it sounds like people are shouting."

"Oh that, I'm not surprised. To produce the drugs Karl kidnaps and forces people to make them."

You paused as your eyes widened. "What? We have to save those people."

"(Y/n), our only job here it to eliminate Karl Yuzo."

"But still, how could I just leave the victims to continue mass producing illegal drugs?"

Illumi paused and turned to face you as he cupped your cheeks with his cold hands that sent shivers to your soft skin. He stared his hypnotizing eyes into yours which engulfed you into his undivided attention.

Then he parted his lips and began to talk lowly, "Stop defying me, you listen to me now."

Your head began to sting with an immeasurable ache, every word he spoke felt like knives stabbing you in the brain. And his eyes, you couldn't look away as black circles swirled in a rhythm pattern that left you awe struck.