𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖆𝖑 & 𝕮𝖎𝖗𝖈𝖚𝖘𓃰part 1

When you arrived to the circus there was bunch of people and bright lights that contrasted with the huge colorful tents, the smell of sweet mixed with salty carnival treats filled the air. There were also carnival rides split into different theme parks which excited you the most. You got out of the car and put Toshimae in his stroller and started your walk with Illumi beside you into the busy area.

"What do you want to do? The show dosent start until six and it's five o'clock." Illumi said.

"Let's go on some rides." You suggested. You walked to the kiddy land part where the rides were safe for Toshimae and you to go on. "Oooh how about that one over there." You pointed to a colorful train ride that went around in a circle at a slow pace.

"You go on I will watch." Illumi said.

You were disappointed that he wasn't going on with you but a part of you couldn't imagine an elite assassin going on such a kiddy ride. When you hopped on the contraption you sat in the caboose part and held Toshimae securely in your arms. A nursery theme melody played on the speaker and the ride started, you clapped Toshimaes hands to the rhythm and swayed him side to side emitting a smile from him. You took a picture of the both of you before the ride came to a complete stop and you got off putting Toshimae in his stroller where Illumi waited.

"You look like you had fun." He commented.

"I did, you should of went on as well."

You walked around and went on some more rides and a pattern continued of you going on rides with Toshimae and Illumi watching. But you were determined to get him to hop on a ride, that's when you noticed one where you went through a slow scenery ride through a diamond cave where Illumi wouldn't be able to see you. He was forced to go on with you as you sat on the mine themed cart next to him.

"Toshimae look at the sparkly treasures." You tried to get your three month old to look at the diamonds but he just wanted to lay in your arms. You looked at Illumi who appeared stoic as usual with his hair blowing lightly in the wind. "Thank you for going on the ride with me Illu." You kissed his cheek and placed a piece of his hair behind his ear. Illumi continued to look stale but you felt one of his arms wrap around you with his hand gripping your side. Suddenly the speaker on the ride turned on and the tour guide spoke, "Hello everyone! Welcome to the cave of treasures! I am your friendly guide and expert gem cutter, Poppy! Now let's begin our crusade!" As the ride started you went through a dark cave lighted up by violet blue crystals that shimmered throughout the damp rocks, "Over here we have rare tanzanite crystals founded and generously donated by the famous hunter Bisky Krueger!" Poppy announced. Incantations of oooohs and ahhhhs were sounded from the mesmerized people as the tour continued into a new sector. "And over here we have some of our most impressive and beautiful crystals consisting of alexandrites, emeralds, and sapphires. Just look at them sparkle!"

You looked at Toshimes who's eyes were mesmerized and his mouth left wide open in fascination at the unfamiliar site. "Neh nuh!" Toshimae cooed. Everyone looked back at you and laughed at Toshimae, they were in awe of his cuteness, especially since he was wearing the elephant onesie with a beanie on his tiny head. You kissed your baby's cheek and leaned on Illumi's shoulder and the ride continued.

"Okay everyone we are approaching the end of the tour, make sure to check out the gift shop where you can purchase some of the rare treasures and get your name engraved on a gem. When the ride comes to a full and complete stop please exit to your left and have a great rest of your day!" Poppy concluded.

You exited the ride and went to the stroller parking area to retrieve your stroller. "Illumi can we check out the gift shop?"

He nodded and you pushed Toshimae in his stroller and headed to the place, you bought him a diamond plushie and a tiny light up wand since it was starting to get dark.

"The show starts in ten minutes." Illumi informed.

"We should hurry then, I want to get some snacks for show."

You walked back to the main square and looked for vendors that were close to the circus olé show, because of the prominent smell of popcorn, that's what you wanted the most. You bought a long bag of it with some water, you also wanted some cotton candy but Illumi didn't allow it since it was too sugary. Illumi got a green apple flavored snow cone, looking over to Toshimae he was making noises like he was about to cry while scrunching his face.

"Toshimae needs to be changed Illumi, can you take him?"

It was dark outside and and the carnival part of the theme park was closing, so most people either left or are inside the circus tent, attending the show. Still Illumi felt uncomfortable leaving you out here all by yourself.

"You have to come with me, (y/n)." He said.

"I will be fine, I promise I will be right here when you come out. I can handle myself with my nen powers." You placed your hands on his cheeks and kissed his soft lips, they tasted sweet like the green apple flavoring. He relented and went inside with the baby bag to change him, you waited patiently and ate your popcorn while sneaking in some bites of Illumi's snow cone, but that's when you saw him

"Hey, remember me beautiful." The cashier from the connivence store from the gas station emerged from the darkness out of nowhere.

"You replied, Uhhh... no." That was a lie you just wanted him to go away.

He looked at your empty stroller then you, "You have a baby? Explains why your tities are so big."

You rolled your eyes and huffed in annoyance, "Get the hell away from me." You warned.

"You want to have attitude now but you were all over me back at the gas station, come here baby I promise I will show you a good time."

He started to approached but you swiftly kicked him in the stomach, "I said go away."

He hugged his belly and laughed while groaning, "You're really about to get it now bitch!" He started running your way and you prepared yourself to easily knock him out one punch until you saw three flying needles stick into his head and immediately kill him.

Coming out of the bathroom Illumi put Toshimae in his stroller and spoke, "I thought you could handle yourself."

"I did, I was about to knock him out until you came."

"But you hesitated on killing him."

"What if I didn't want to?"

Illumi paused as his eyes grew wide, "Do you like him?"

"No, It's just that-" You let out a breath and continued, "You wouldn't understand." You tried to touch his face and give him a kiss but he turned away, "Illu, why are you being like that?"

He didn't reply back to you but instead pushed the stroller and headed to the gigantic red and white striped tent that the circus was taking place in.
••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••