𝕯𝖎𝖓𝖓𝖊𝖗 𝕮𝖗𝖆𝖘𝖍𝖊𝖗 part 2

"It's poisoned?" You exclaimed.

Illumi didn't reply but only snatched the untouched apple juices from the children then opened the tea pot to inspect it.

"The tea." Illumi said. "It's poisoned."

Your face dropped at the irony of the situation. "Not again!" You whined.

"I will be fine since I only took a tiny sip of the coffee and I have a tolerance to poison, the children didn't drink their apple juices so that leaves just you
(y/n)."

You didn't know if it was the affect of the poison or you just panicking but you began to vigorously hyperventilate as you gripped your throat and breathed in and out rapidly.

"I'm sure of what kind of poison it is, we have it at home along with the antidote." Illumi said.

The assassin pulled out his phone and messaged one of the butlers to come inside and help.

With you hardly being able to breathe you still gripped your throat and continued to cough as you waited. But that was until suddenly you received a text on your phone.

It was from a number you didn't recognize but from upon reading what it said you now understood who it was from.

"I told you not to tell Illumi (y/n), so for that you will die."

It was obviously from the phantom troupe which terrified you as you knew first hand how strong they are.

"We need to leave now." Illumi spoke.

You nodded and hesitantly got up but you fell on your knees from how limp your joints felt.

Illumi immediately rushed over to you and picked your weak figure up and held you in in his arms.

"Whoever poisoned you must have used a high dosage, we don't have much time until your body becomes completely paralyzed then death usually follows." He said.

"The phantom troupe." You spoke sheepishly. "They did it to me."

"I figured that much."

You groaned and wrapped your arms around the assassin while you stared into his eyes with an honest look. "I love you, Toshimae, Toshiko, and Umi."

"(y/n), you'll be fine... remember what I promised to you in the car?"

"That you will always take care of me." You answered.

"Yes aaaaand......"

"That you will protect me... even at the cost of your own life."

"Bingooo." The assassin replied.

You smiled on the outside knowing that he would die for you but frowned on the inside knowing that you wouldn't let him do that.

Illumi began to walk back the the limo with you still in his arms and the butler he called to take care of the kids following behind.

It was then that everyone loaded into the limo and got comfortable in their seats.

It was semi silent as the children munched on their snacks and cartoons played on the mini t.v.

You sat on Illumi's lap as you coughed in the crook of his neck while he patted your back. You could feel his blood lust go in and out which made sense since he's probably enraged about the situation.

"Water?" You spoke as you shifted on his lap.

Illumi swiftly pulled out a bottle of cold water from the cooler and twisted the top off before handing it to you.