𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝕾𝖔 𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝕯𝖆𝖞 part 5

You drained the water from the tub as you had finished getting yourself clean, you smelled of lavender and hickory with a hint of pine.

With a soft white towel wrapped around your damp body you departed from the tub and began to dry yourself off to put your lounge clothes on. But before that you moisturized your body with your favorite lotion and oil. As well as applied deodorant to your under-pits so you can smell good all through the evening.

After that you put on a clean pair of underwear and your modest and comfortable pajamas.

-

-

You walked out the bathroom and immediately you were hit with a savory aroma that was coming from downstairs. You smiled and immediately left the room and into the elevator as from the delicious smell you could tell that dinner was cooked.

With the short ride in the elevator as you tapped your foot lightly, you made it to the first level floor and walked into the kitchen where your family awaited you.

"Mama!" Toshimae exclaimed as he sat in his high chair eating his dinner.

You chuckled lightly and walked over to him, giving the infant a kiss on the cheek and rubbing circles on his back. "Hi my love." You replied.

He lifted his food stained hands to signal for a pick up but you shook your head and spoke. "No I can't pick you up!" You voiced childlike. "You're messy and you have to eat you silly boy!" You tickled his sides and he laughed a dramatic coo which was music to your ears.

You let out a breath of amusement and shifted your focus to Illumi who held the twins in his sturdy arms. He rocked them in the rocking chair he sat in as he sniffed their heads. It made your heart flutter from knowing how much of a loving father he is.

Especially since when you had Toshimae he wasn't as affectionate, meaning that he did all the practical stuff like changing diapers, bathing, and other physical needs. But he didn't show Toshimae much emotional affection.

But now he's slowly starting to become a little sweet as he mimics the love and attention you give to your children and applies them as well. But still, he is strict and controlling as being the cold blooded assassin he is. As you have seen when he doesn't think twice to scold, reprimand, or punish.

"What did Toshimae do today?" You questioned him.

"Well...." Illumi began. "He broke another ancient relic and threw several tantrums, but he did calm down when Kalluto visited."

"Wuncle Kawooto!" Toshimae boomed.

"Oh about that, Kalluto spent almost all day trying to get Toshimae to say his name." Illumi said.

You chuckled warmly after hearing all of that, it made your heart melt knowing that Toshimae had a close relationship with at least one of his uncles. Nonetheless Kalluto who was secretly your favorite out of Kikyo's children, well your favorite right next to Illumi of course.

"Miss. (y/n)." Elise spoke. She placed her hand on your back and pushed it gently as she held a plate in her hand. "Please sit, I fixed your plate and I advise you to eat now so we will have time for cake."

"Cake?" You questioned.

"Yes, I baked a cake in honor of Mother's Day..... now sit." She said.

You nodded and sat right next to Illumi as Elise placed a plate of food and a glass of water in front of you.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." You replied to her.

Elise nodded and walked away with a contempt smile.

Something about her made your heart skip a beat, not in a romantic way but in a platonic way. You shook off the feeling though, as you figured that she was just very good at her job.

You scarfed down your full plate of sautéed onions, peppers, tomatoes, eggs and rice. And drank your whole glass of water as you let out an exasperated sigh. It was your favorite meal as a child and eating it reminded you of your younger days, before Illumi.... before the Zoldyck mansion.

"Ugh! I'm full..." You muttered as you sat back in your seat and patted your stomach.

"I hope not too full because the cake is ready to be served." Elise said as she carried over the gigantic chocolate iced treat and placed it on the middle of the table.

"Ohhh, looks good." You commented.

Elise began to cut slices for everyone as she gave a piece to Toshimae, Illumi and you.

It was a chocolate and vanilla marbled cake which was your favorite when you were very young. And so you decided to make a little extra room in your stomach just for the sweet treat.

Being surrounded by your family gave you a sense of bliss, seeing everyone with full bellies and content faces made you grateful. It was like you were entering a new chapter of your life.

And so you decided to put off your plans of leaving to see Shizuku and your mom and brother. You solely wanted to focus on your lovely family right in front of you instead of past people. But still you wouldn't give up on it, just for now you were going to stay put and work on yourself and your family.

You leaned over and took one of the twins from Illumi's arms, the twin being Toshiko who slept peacefully. You kissed his head and raked your fingers through his hair.

"Hey Illumi?" You spoke.

The assassin turned his face to look at you. "Yes?" He replied.

"The future looks sweet for once, I can't wait for it." You said.

Illumi hummed as he knew the future would be sweet.... bittersweet that is.
••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••>••<••