𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕭𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘 part 2

"You do know I can tell when you're lying (y/n). So you might as well tell me what's wrong, I do care."

"Illu I already explained that I'm fine."

"You cannot lie to me, even talking on the phone your tone of voice is apparent."

You rolled your eyes as you continued to hold your phone up to your ear listening to Illumi. After your talk with Elise who also happens to be your mom, you were confused and upset. You needed someone to talk to but forgot that you have to keep all that was said a secret.

"Enough about me, how's Toshimae? Is he doing well?"

"Yes but you should speak to him yourself. Toshimae come speak to your mother."

"Hi mommy!"

Upon hearing your eldest son's voice you smiled, feeling your heart melt from his soft tone. "Hi Toshimae! Are you having fun?"

"Mhm! Dada gave me nuggets."

"That's nice of him. I miss you my love."

"I miss you too mommy."

"Be on your best behavior for me, I love you with all my heart. Now say goodbye to your brother. He's right here."

You gently grabbed Toshiko and sat him on your lap as you put the phone close to his ear.

"Bye bye Toshiwoah."

You chuckled at his mispronunciation and shook your head.

"(y/n), where is Umi?" Illumi suddenly asked.

"She's out with your mother."

"Oh, I will call you back later then."

You rolled your eyes knowing he's going to call Kikyo to check on Umi. "Okay Illu, keep me updated on things. Tell Kalluto I said hi. I love you."

"Likewise my (y/n)."

You hung up and slumped down in your shared bed, still thinking about Elise.

Reminiscing, it started to make sense, how she would make your favorite childhood foods, be extra nice to the kids, and went out of her way to have a deeper relationship with you.

As you continued to lay in bed, Toshiko cuddled close to you.

"What am I going to do?" You rhetorically questioned aloud. A tired sigh escaped your lips and you sank lower into the bed.

Toshiko followed suit and draped himself over your chest, lulled by the slow inhale and exhale of your lungs.

Good thing he wasn't too heavy so you could breathe well.

As you began to close your eyes a knock sounded on your bedroom door immediately awaking you.

"Yes? Who is it?" You called out.

"It's Canary? May I come in?"

"Of course."

The door was quickly pushed open and in came the young butler who looked semi nervous.

"What's wrong?" You questioned as you sat up.

"Dr. Khara wishes to speak with you. She says it's an emergency."

Your face contorted in pure confusion. "She's still alive?"

"Yes and she urgently has something important to tell you. She asked me to bring you down to the dungeons quickly."

"Okay then, I'm coming."

You rushed out of the bed with Toshiko in your arms and hastily followed Canary to the dungeons where Dr. Khara is kept.