𝕭𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝕳𝖔𝖒𝖊 part 4

You were downstairs cooking dinner as you watched over the rice, cabbage, and curry fish which you prepared. Toshimae, who never likes to leave your side sat in his baby carrier attached to your abdomen.

You never cooked dinner since you had Elise but you wanted to do something special for your kids and Illumi.

You hummed as you began fixing plates until you felt a tap on your shoulder, you turned around and you were met with Elise.

"Oh! Hey Elise." You spoke.

"Hello (y/n), you didn't have to cook dinner I was going to do it for you tonight."

"Oh no it's fine, I really wanted to."

"Well it smells delicious, I never knew you could cook so well."

"I did serve as a maid for the Zoldycks, so I was taught how to prepare a variety of dishes."

Elise eyes widened in shock. "You were a maid here?" She questioned.

"Yes I was, but after Illumi got me pregnant and finding out the baby had powers he decided it'd be best to get married."

"Oh, but you're so young. Do you ever regret getting pregnant to begin with?"

You glanced down at Toshimae who smiled and laid his head on your chest. You caressed his head and he cooed softly.

"No." You replied. "I don't regret it, not one bit."

Elise smiled and gently caressed your head.

Suddenly you heard a high pitched giggle and you turned around to see Umi laughing in her high chair as Illumi poked her cheek.

"Ilumi?" You spoke. "When did you come downstairs?"

"Not too long ago." He replied. "Just enough to hear your conversation."

You shook your head in embarrassment and picked up two plates and placed them on the twins trays to eat.

You turned to face Illumi who stood all cocky like as he stared you down.

"What?" You questioned.

"Come, I need to speak with you in private." He said.

You took Toshimae out of the baby carrier and into his high chair where Elise placed a plate of food on his tray.

You then then grabbed Illumi's hand where he sped walked the both of you to the nearest bathroom and swiftly closed and locked the door once the both of you were in.

You gripped the sink and watched as the assassin stood with his arms crossed and his hands fiddling with a needle.

"Is anything wrong?" You questioned sheepishly.

"Something doesn't add up (y/n)." He replied.

"I'm confused, what do you mean by that?"

"You tell me, what would Chrollo Lucifer want from you and why do you have his number?"

You felt your hands get clammy making your grip on the sink loosen, you were going to tell the truth but his reaction to it is what frightens you.

"He wanted me to work as his spy." You admitted. "He wants revenge on Hisoka and so he instructed me to snoop on you and Hisoka's conversations."

Illumi hummed. "Hmph I see and you accepted, playing the role of a devoted fiancé all the while you're working against me."

"No... no it's not like that I was only thinking about it but I didn't intend to hurt you, only Hisoka."